Month 3 (Pt.2)

A pair entered one of the busiest restaurants in Ninjago City–one wearing a brown fedora on their head, while the other wore a cap and sunglasses–carrying different bags on each of their hands as they walked.

"Couldn't we have left this in the car?"

"You try walking that far hungry!"

They picked a booth that was far from the people, wanting a little privacy after Harumi's evil deeds and to hide all the baby stuff they bought.

"Hey, Lloyd!" A familiar red-head greeted them from the edge of their table, holding a pen and paper to take their order. "Harumi? What are you doing here?"

"I told you our disguises were horrible!" Harumi whispered and removed her sunglasses.

"I don't wanna hear it." Lloyd narrowed his eyes at her and turned his attention back to the girl. "Hello, Skylor." Lloyd returned with a smile and motioned her closer. "Please don't say her name out loud."

Skylor immediately understood what he meant. "Don't worry, Kai sent me a photo of him holding the baby earlier." She rolled her eyes at the memory. "Trying to convince me that he'd make a good dad."

Harumi stifled a laugh as she drank a glass of water. Perhaps Lumi's cousin would come from them first.

"Anyways, I take you two are on date night?" Skylor clicked her pen with a smirk on her face, very much aware that she triggered something.

"What? No!"

"Of course not!"

The two were quick to dismiss her accusation–proving Skylor's point–as they waved their hands and shook their heads.

"Okay then, I'll take your word for it." Skylor handed them some menus. "What's it for tonight?"

Harumi looked over the red menu in her hands before setting it down on the table. "Do you have those meals where you grill your own meat and have an unlimited serving of side dishes?"

Lloyd's eyes widened at her question. "Um–." He raised his hand to voice his concerns but was beaten by Skylor.

"You mean where you cook beef and pork and eat it with lettuce?"

"Yes!"

"Coming right up!" Skylor wrote it down. "Anything for you Lloyd?"

"I–I think that's enough for us, thanks."

Skylor left and Lloyd took the time to interrogate the girl who sat innocently across from him. "You're that hungry?!" He was in disbelief. At the monastery, she would only eat small portions of food and said she was full.

Harumi smiled and looked down. "Sorry, is that okay?"

"No, no, it's fine. I'm just...not used to seeing you eat that much, are you okay?"

Harumi appreciated his concern, for a moment it felt nice that he paid attention to her, but she didn't want to admit that.

"Yes. Just hungry." She rested her chin in her hand. "Besides, it's not every day you get to eat the food you've been craving for, for almost a year."

As she said that, Skylor walked in with a portable grill in one hand and a can to get the flame started. Behind her, a waiter came in with a tray of pork, beef, lettuce, and a bowl of rice.

"Eat up you two, you look like you've had a long day." Skylor giggled as she started the grill. "And don't worry about the bill, some time with my niece is enough to cover it."

"Oh no, we can't do that! Won't you lose business?" Lloyd waved his hands in the air to try and get her to dismiss the idea.

"Lloyd, it will be fine."