Month 2

(Week 5 – 8)

 The crying did not stop. Harumi eventually found out that Lumi likes to wake up in the middle of the night just to drink milk. Her ears were starting to ring from all the noise she was making, like an alarm clock that refused to shut up until you're awake.

"How long are we going to be like this, sweetie?" Harumi asked through her yawning as she fed the baby in her arms. She rubbed her eyes and glanced at the clock. "It's 4 in the morning, Lu."

The baby cooed in response but continued drinking her milk, her light green eyes staring back at her mother. Harumi sighed and melted at the sight.

"Alright, alright. I can't resist my adorable baby, now could I?" She spoke with a smile spread across her face, stroking Lumi's cheeks as she did.

Lloyd's sleeping figure started twisting and turning from her left which reminded her of everything that had happened in the last few days. She was starting to wonder how they were still able to sleep in the same room.

With Lumi growing every day, it was hard for the two not to argue about certain things. They would fight at least twice a-day over the simplest things, much to Lumi's dismay, and often ignore each other in the process. There was one time Lloyd woke up the baby—which Harumi spent hours trying to put down—and failed to take responsibility for it.

"What do I do, Lumi?" Harumi sighed and asked her daughter for advice. "I'm tired and I know he is too. But that shouldn't get in the way of us taking care of you properly."

The baby didn't respond—Harumi didn't really expect her to—instead she yawned and brought her mitten covered hands to her eyes.

Harumi smiled and began humming a lullaby she loved when she was a kid. The song brought back memories of her real mother singing in the living room of their small apartment while her father twirled her around.

"Dad, you're making me dizzy!" A little girl exclaimed as her father spun her around, her mother singing a song in the background.

"Princesses need to know how to dance, sweetheart." Her father twirled her around once more.

She sniffed and brought a hand to wipe her eyes as she finished the song. Harumi often wondered what her parents thought of her right now, holding their granddaughter at such a young age, they must be very disappointed. But some part of heart told her that they would be happy to help her out, maybe even teach her a thing or two about being a good parent.

Lumi finally went to sleep and gave her mom the chance to get some rest as well. As far as babies go, they're not always adorable.

🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼

The first time they finally got a day off was when Misako and Wu decided to look after Lumi. For a whole 24 hours, Lloyd and Harumi took advantage of the day by taking a nap for the first half—given that there was a good few feet of space between them while they slept—to regain all the hours of sleep they lost to their daughter's crying.

For the rest of the day, the ninja had decided to help them out.

"You need to relax. Loosen up a bit." Kai said using a persuasive tone, his hands massaging Lloyd's shoulders. "You deserve it."

"But what about—."

"No buts. You will sit and relax."

The ninja had prepared a small picnic outside the walls of the monastery. On the grass was a large blanket and a picnic basket that was filled with everything that they could find inside their kitchen.