Month 11

(Week 41 - 44)

Lumi Garmadon was last seen walking around the monastery as she and her aunts and uncles played a game of tag. She had gotten used to moving around without support and was now covering every part of the monastery.

"Lumi, get back here!" Nya exclaimed. She was bent down to her level as her niece ran away from her grasp. Lumi was trailing water everywhere she went as Nya struggled to keep the child in her bathrobe.

"No!" Her voice was small and a little husky, but Lumi had started to learn more words as she grew.

Nya scoffed. "I am your aunt! You will listen to me, Lumi before your mother catches you like that."

The girl just giggled, her white blonde hair now reached a few inches behind her neck, giving her a small bob cut. Her bright green eyes were gleaming with joy as she waddled.

"Ooh!" She cooed at the sight of water figures forming in front of her. "Neenah!" Was how Lumi spoke Nya's name. She was capable of speaking words but she still had a hard time pronouncing it.

Lumi giggled, following the dolphin made of water back to her aunt. Once she was close enough, Nya dropped the figure and clasped her body in a towel.

"Gotcha!" She wore a proud smirk as Lumi started fighting her grasp. "Oh no you don't. We need to get you dressed for today, Lu."

"No, no, no!"

Much to her dismay, Lumi Garmadon was dressed in a light pink dress which was scattered with flower petals at the skirt, and a pair of sandals for her feet. Nya combed her hair back and styled it a little before placing a small pin to keep her growing bangs away from her face.

"See? Don't you look pretty?" She asked, showing Lumi her reflection in the mirror.

The baby smiled and went to tap the glass. "Bahh!"

A family day out to the beach was definitely the vacation the ninja needed. It was the comfort brought by the sound of waves crashing onto the shore and the heat of the sun on a cool summer day that called many citizens of Ninjago City to the coastlines.

Including a certain news reporter.

"And here I am broadcasting in the middle of Ninjago City beach which is already packed with citizens! But we're not here to check the people, no, dear viewers, we're here to witness the cuteness of baby Lumi Garmadon!" Gayle Gossip spoke in her mic as she stood in front of the camera.

From behind her, Cole and Zane could be spotted attempting to build a sandcastle without Lumi destroying it every 2 seconds. She changed from her dress and was now wearing a mint-green swimsuit that was small enough to fit her.

"Look, Lu!" Jay exclaimed, approaching the trio with his hands clasped to cover what he was holding. "I found this in the water."

He opened his hand as Lumi approached him. She stood for a few seconds, watching as the baby crab wandered around Jay's hand, and reached to poke it with her finger.

"This is called a crab. Be careful though, it might pinch you."

"Cab!"

"CR-AB."

"Cab!"

She lost interest in the creature once it leapt out of Jay's hand and went over to her mommy and daddy who were playing in the waters. Harumi picked her up and soaked her with seawater.

"Mama!" Lumi exclaimed, wrapping her arms around her mom's shoulders.

"I think it's too cold for her, Rumi." Lloyd chuckled, watching the sight as he towered over them. He was wearing nothing but his swimming trunks and the image was enough to make Harumi blush.

She shook her head and hugged her daughter. "It's alright, sweetie." She chuckled and patted her back. "It's just like bath time."

Lumi kept her grasp tight, clinging onto her mommy as hard as she could. Harumi got up to walk over to their spot in the sand, her wet feet slowly getting covered by the sand. She wrapped her daughter in a grey bathrobe, watching as she immediately went back to play with her aunts and uncles.

"News reporters are here again." Lloyd sighed, rolling his eyes, his arms crossed as he walked to her side.

Harumi crossed her legs and patted the spot beside her. "How about we give them something to report on?" Lloyd obliged and sat down.

"What did you have in mind?"

Harumi rolled her eyes and wrapped her arms around his neck.

If anyone looked at the car parked at the side of the road in the middle of the night, they would be met with the image of a very moist window and would immediately walk away.

"What do you say we make this interesting?" Harumi's forehead beaded with sweat, stopping the kiss to catch her breath.

Lloyd was still in a daze. "Hm?" Was all he responded with, he too was covered in sweat, before leaning down to kiss her again.

"Rumi? Rumi!" Lloyd's voice entered her mind. With a slight jump, Harumi was pulled out of her trance.

"Huh?" She asked, the memory must have clouded her mind too much that she forgot what she was doing.

He tilted his head. "Are you okay?"

"Of course." Harumi smiled. "Just remembered something." With a simple wink, Lloyd immediately knew what she was talking about. His face flushed red and he tried to pull away from her hold. "Nuh-uh, you're staying here."

"Rumi—"

Her lips pressed against his in a long, soft kiss. What started as a peck turned into a series of more as they got closer.

"Hey!" A voice called making them break apart. "Get a room!" They both looked toward Cole who wore a proud smile on his face.

Harumi rolled her eyes at him and turned her attention back to Lloyd. "What do you say?"

His eyes widened. "H-how about some volleyball?" He cleared his throat and got up, leaving Harumi to chuckle to herself. "Kai! Where's our beach ball?"

Two hours and a volleyball to the head later, Lumi Garmadon was found asleep in her dad's arms as they walked back to the car.

"Who knew that was all it took to get her to sleep." Lloyd muttered, matching his pace with Harumi as he fixed his hold on his daughter.

Harumi sighed in agreement. "We should have taken her to the beach months ago."

They shared a snicker as Cole clicked the keys to the earth driller.

"I told you I'm fine. It was just a ball!" Jay's whining could be heard from behind them. He was being fussed over by Zane who insisted to help ice the bruise forming on his head.

The nindroid shook his head. "Jay, if you want it to heal faster then I insist you let me help."