Month 8

(Week 29 - 32)

The word spread fast like a wildfire running through the forest. After Lumi's little reveal at the studio, Darreth quickly insisted that they pose for a father-daughter photo, which he assured them would make the cover of magazines, much to Lloyd's dismay.

However, Lumi Garmadon felt otherwise for she was more than happy to spend time with her dad and often smiled for the camera even if she didn't know what she was doing. Harumi was then asked to join too, and she knew they were going to be in big trouble.

"Those two are in very big trouble." The Police Commissioner stated behind gritted teeth, throwing the magazine away from his hands and onto his desk with brute force.

He rubbed the bridge of his nose, shutting his eyes tight only to get a glimpse of the family portrait once more when he opened them.

He reached for the phone, quickly dialing a number. "Person on the other end of this phone, get me the Green Ninja!"

Lloyd grabbed Harumi's arm and dragged her into one of the vacant changing rooms. He was mad. Furious that she went behind his back.

"Are you kidding me?" He started, pacing around the room. "What were you thinking, Rumi?! Bringing her here? In public?"

Harumi crossed her arms, after placing Lumi down on one of the chairs, and scoffed. "She's my daughter too! And it's time the people know who she is."

"The people were not ready to know!"

"And you get to decide that?" Harumi raised an eyebrow. "Lloyd, if we wait until they're ready then we will be waiting for the rest of our lives!"

"We were under strict orders from the Police Commissioner to wait it out."

He never liked disobeying orders, especially Master Wu's, but he understood the point of her actions. Sometimes, not all orders are meant to be followed.

"You brought her out before too!"

"We were wearing a disguise."

"Do you really think that fooled anyone?!"

He could hear his heart pounding in his ears. This was definitely not like any of the other fights they had.

"I wasn't going to listen to some man decide what's best for our daughter!" Harumi argued.

"He's only thinking about our safety!"

"But maybe you're only thinking about yourself!"

Lloyd tried to calm himself down, trying to have a better control over the situation. But he was too late.

"Look, if you can't appreciate a simple surprise that we planned for you, that's fine. But if you're just embarrassed of us," Harumi grabbed their daughter from the chair and packed up her stuff. "Then maybe you shouldn't be seen with us at all."

"Mama?" Lumi asked, her tears threatening to fall down her eyes as she listened to her parents yell at each other.

"Let's go, Lumi."

Before Lloyd could even speak, Harumi stomped out of the room, slamming the door behind her on her way out. He could hear the cries of his daughter echo through the studio, and he couldn't help but feel guilty to be the cause. Lumi never liked them fighting.

🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼

Harumi stomped all the way to the car, her mind raced with thoughts but her heart ached the most. Before she could get in, something–or in this case, someone–held her back.