𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER THIRTY:YOU CAME BACK

CHAPTER THIRTY:
YOU CAME BACK

EVERYTHING WAS DARK FOR A moment before he could feel it all coming back to him. He could feel something stabbing his leg slightly but he could tell that whatever it was wasn't damaging. He could feel a cut bleeding on his forehead and he was pretty sure that he had a concussion by the way that his head was pounding. Nonetheless, something brought him to open his eyes. Natasha was kneeled there in front of him with Yelena standing behind of her. He blinked his eyes open slowly, moving his eyes so that they met Natasha's. He'd always loved her eyes.

     "Hey." Natasha smiled down at him, reaching forwards and brushing his hair back from his face. "Thank you for saving my sestra."

     Alec smiled. "You would've killed me if I hadn't." He looked over at Yelena. "Besides, she's too good of a person to die right now." He could see Yelena look away but he knew that she was smiling. He turned his attention back towards Natasha. "I think I have a concussion."

     "Yelena said you hit your head when you met ground, so I'm sure it's safe to assume so. Let's get you up." Natasha helped him up with Yelena joining his other side.

     "Hate to say it, but I'm glad you're alive." Alec said, looking over at Yelena.

     Yelena rolled her eyes but a small smile was on her face as she nodded. "I'm glad you're alive too." He smiled and slung his arm around her shoulder. He put his other around Natasha who just smiled at him. The three made their way towards Melina and Alexei, stopping in front of them.

     "Everybody good?" Natasha asked, having watched Melina limp her way over with Alexei helping her. Alec reached down, ripping the metal that was in his leg, barely feeling it and tossing the metal to the side.

     "I am clearly injured." Melina deadpanned.

     "You got something to say?" Natasha asked, having watched Alexei glance between herself and Yelena.

     "I'd just mess it up." Alexei said, shaking his head.  He reached out a hand and Natasha took a step forwards and grabbed it, giving it a small squeeze before letting go. The sound of vehicles approaching grabbed their attention.

     "Here comes the Calvary."

     "So, what's our plan?" Melina asked, watching as Natasha took a few steps away from them.

     She turned to look at the four of them. "You guys go. I'll stay."

     "That's insanity." Alexei denied. "We fight. We fight with you."

     "I'll hold them off." All at once her three family members started complaining but Alec didn't say anything, knowing why she was doing what she was doing. He just crossed his arms over his chest. "You guys, go."

     "Oh, my God." Yelena huffed. "Alec, help us out here."

     Alec shook his head. "No can do."

     Natasha smiled at him before shrugging. "Besides, if it can work out with the four of us, you know, there may be some hope for the Avengers." She pinched her fingers, leaving a little bit of space. "Little bit."

     "Okay, well, if you're leaving, then I guess you should take this." Yelena started to unbuckle her vest, taking it off and handing it to Natasha. "I know how much you like it."

     "Shucks." Natasha smiled. "It does have a lot of pockets."

     "Very handy pockets, yeah."

     Natasha reached in her pocket, handing the last vial of antidote to Yelena. "He had Widows implanted all over the world. Melina will need to copy the formula, but you should be the one to tell 'em it's over." They turned their heads, watching as a a jet landed and out came the Widows.

     Yelena walked forwards. "You came back for us."

     "We wouldn't leave you behind." One of them spoke in Russian before they all suddenly stepped aside. "And she didn't want to leave her brother behind."

     Alec frowned, watching as Natasha looked over at him and squeezed his hand, nodding. He slowly walked away from her, coming closer to Yelena before stopping once he saw her. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that it was her. She had grown into her looks and she was much older now. His heart stopped in his chest and he felt tears come to his eyes as he carefully asked, "Rory?"

The brunette nodded her head, tears in her own eyes and he didn't hesitate to run up to her, wrapping his arms tightly around her and swinging her around. Lorelai Grant tightly hugged her brother back as tears fell down her cheeks. He pressed a kiss into her hair and onto the side of his head.

     "I'm so sorry." He whispered, shaking his head. "I'm so sorry I couldn't find you sooner."

     "It's okay." Rory whispered back, nodding. "You've found me now. You saved my life. That's what matters." They pulled away and he looked at her before hugging her again. She laughed. God he had missed her laugh so much.

     "Let me finish this." He nodded. "And then I'll never let anyone hurt you again."

     Rory nodded before letting go, watching as the other Widows got on the jet along with Melina and Alexei. Alec made his way over to Natasha. "You knew." She smiled, nodding.

     "She threw the first punch." Natasha answered. "I didn't tell you because I wanted you to be focused on getting out of here alive so that you could see her again." She grabbed his hand, giving it a squeeze. "Told you we'd find her."

     "You sure you don't want me to stay?" Alec asked, nodding towards Ross and his men that were starting to get out of their cars.

     "I'm sure." Natasha smiled at him. "Go. Be with Rory. Make up for lost time."

     Alec nodded. "Hopefully I'll see you on better circumstances."

    "Hopefully."

     Alec pressed a kiss to Natasha's forehead. "I love you, Natasha. I always will. And I'm always one call away."

     "I love you too, Alec." Natasha pressed a kiss to his cheek and pulled away, nodding. "Until next time."

Alec nodded back before giving her shoulder a squeeze before walking away and over to Rory. Alec wrapped an arm around her shoulders as they climbed onto the jet. He turned, watching as Yelena whistled before Natasha whistled her response. Yelena smiled before nodding at her sister and making her way over to the jet. Alec reached out and grabbed Yelena's hand, pulling her on board before they took off.

     "She'll be okay." Alec assured, looking over at the blonde.

     Yelena nodded her head, turning to look at Alec as she smiled. "She always is."

"