𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE:I'VE GOT YOU

I'VE GOT YOU

THEY CRAWLED THROUGH THE VENTS, and when they made it to their point, Alec waited for the passing footsteps of armed men to disappear before he opened the vent and didn't hesitate to jump down. He felt uncomfortable not having a gun on him, but he was sure that he and Yelena would manage to find one somewhere along the way. He landed on the ground below him perfectly on his feet, the jolting pain that shot from his feet up to his knees made him pause before he forced it away and moved out of the way so that Yelena could follow suit.

Alec kept his eye out to make sure that no one was coming before he turned his head towards Yelena, watching as she jumped down from the vent, landing on the ground in the position Natasha would usually land in. He smirked in amusement as disgust rolled over her, causing her to move out of the position quickly and shuddering. "That was disgusting." Alec had to suppress his laugh as she made her way over to him. She narrowed her eyes at him. "You're enjoying this way too much, Alexander." Alec rolled his eyes at the use of his full name.

Yelena peaked around the corner where a man walked, talking in Russian. She moved back so that he didn't see her before she looked at Alec who nodded his head. In one swift motion, Yelena ran forwards, wrapping an arm around his neck, swinging her body as she quickly kicked his legs out from under the man sending him to the floor and knocking him out. She stared down at him, panting as she did so. She grabbed the man's arm and stared to pull him whilst Alec walked forwards and took the mans gun.

Alec stared at her, watching her struggle. Yelena huffed, pausing. "Are you going to help me or just stand there?"

Alec shrugged. "I thought you were doing a good job on your own."

"I will never understand why my sister liked you." Yelena muttered, though she knew exactly why her sister liked him. Alec changed Natasha for the better and Yelena would have to remind herself to thank him for that if they made it out of here alive. "Help me or I'll murder you." Alec shook his head before walking over to the unconscious man, grabbing his wrist and easily dragging him over to the elevator, pressing his palm against it and dropping it when they were granted access.

The elevator opened and Alec threw his hands towards it. "Ta-da." Yelena gave him a blank look and walked past him. "You're welcome." Alec scoffed before following her inside the elevator. They made it to their destination, the duo looking through each glass section they passed before finding what they needed.

The two came to a stop in front of the glass case that held the vials filled with the antidote. Alec was tempted to break his fist through the glass but he had a feeling that would set off an alarm and that wasn't what they wanted. Yelena spoke, "Melina, we found the location of the vials."

"I've had a slight setback." Melina told them, breathing heavily. Alec exchanged a look with Yelena. "You'll need to get to the window." Not a few minutes later the sound of alarms going off grabbed their attention. Alec pulled open the door now that an alarm was already going off. Yelena snatched the vials and the two were quick to start sprinting. Melina started speaking again. "Yelena, Alec, slight change of plan. I completely demolished one of the engines and we are going into a controlled crash."

"Fantastic." Yelena grunted.

"Can this get any worse." Alec muttered as the two started running even faster, trying to find the Widows and get to them before they got to Natasha. "We're headed to the Widows now." Alec said. They burst through the room where the Widows should've been only to find it empty.

"No." Yelena clenched her jaw before looking at Alec. "You just had to say something." Her eyes darted over to the wall of left over weapons before spotting a grenade and grabbing it, wrapping the vials around it. Without hesitance they started running again, knowing exactly where they were going.

The explosion was getting worse, Alec had to grab Yelena's wrist a couple times before she could slide past the corner she needed to turn down. When they got to the room, Natasha was surrounded by the Widows getting beat the shit out of. Yelena didn't hesitate to toss the grenade, letting it explode, sending the antidote over all of the Widows. The two watched the Widows stand up slowly and once he knew they weren't going to attack, his gaze shifted towards Natasha.

Alec was quick to make his way over to her with Yelena following suit. Alec fell to Natasha's side, taking her face in his hands and examining her. She placed her hand on his wrist, nodding, telling him that she was alright. Yelena walked over, pulling Natasha up and pulling her out of the circle of Widows. Alec followed, watching as Yelena placed Natasha against one of the pillars inside of the room. Yelena ripped a knife from Natasha's shoulder, calling her to yell out in surprise pain.

"I'm sorry." She apologized.

"What do we do now?" One of the Widows asked in Finnish.

Natasha looked at her. "Get as far away from here as possible. You get to make your own choices now." An explosion grabbed their attention.

"We need to go." Alec warned.

"We need to find Dreykov." Yelena told them. She looked at Natasha. "Are you coming?"

"I'm right behind you."

"Natasha―︎"

"I'm right behind you." She repeated. Alec didn't want to but finally he nodded and followed after Yelena with the Widows following behind them. The Widows made it down to the landing sight before Yelena and Alec did. However when they did make it is when they saw Dreykov get on his plane. They didn't hesitate to start running faster. He wasn't getting away. Not this time. The plane started lifting and before Alec could do anything Yelena was launching herself onto the plane. She made it over to one of the propellers and bulled out her Widow batons.

"Yelena!" Alec warned.

She connected the two, making it one long one and was getting ready to jab it into the propellers before Natasha's voice could be heard. "Yelena!" Yelena looked up. "Don't do it!"

Yelena smiled. "This was fun!" She looked at Alec, nodded, and then stabbed the baton into the propeller. It exploded and Yelena went flying back. Alec's eyes widened and without even thinking to grab a parachute he jumped over the edge. Alec could see her, his eyes stayed trained on her as he tried to swim in the air in order to get closer to her. When he was close enough he quickly wrapped his arms tightly around her.

"Hold on." Alec nodded before suddenly someone was on his back, a parachute was being strapped around him before he, Yelena, and Natasha all shot up forwards. Alec kept a tight hold on Yelena, not daring to loosen his grip. They looked at Natasha. Natasha's eyes were focused somewhere behind them and Alec shook his head. "Natasha, don't―︎" but he was was cut off by Natasha letting them go.

"Damnit!" He yelled before focusing on Yelena. The ground was coming closer. "Alright, blondie. Brace for impact." He looked at Yelena, meeting her eyes. "I've got you." All she could was nod before Alec held onto her tighter and they hit the ground.

" All she could was nod before Alec held onto her tighter and they hit the ground