𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE:DREYKOV'S DAUGHTER

DREYKOV'S DAUGHTER

THEY WERE QUICK TO HIDE, staying out of the vision of the intruders. Alec could feel the weight of his gun in the back of his pants. He watched as red laser's moved through the apartment, causing him to quickly move out of the way so as to not be spotted. He met Natasha's eyes before glancing over to Yelena and watching as she held the red vials close to her chest. That's what they were after. They were after the cure. Alec made his way carefully over to Natasha, watching as Yelena made a run for it, narrowly avoiding the gun shots before Natasha grabbed onto her and slammed her against the wall. Yelena reached over and flipped a switch, sending the apartment into exploding flames.

The Widow's came closer and the three were quick to fight them off, knocking them to the ground before making their escape towards the balcony, coming to a stop when they started to be shot at from outside. Alec peeked over the railing, spotting two more down there before Natasha grabbed his wrist and pulled him back just before his head could be blown off. More shots came from the stairwell to which Yelena threw a grenade down, allowing the three to run up the stairs.

     "Where are we trying to get?" Natasha yelled, following after her sister with Alec behind her.

     "Motorbike! East side of the building." Yelena yelled back. Shots started to blast through the glass, causing them to dodge it as they continued running towards their destination. They made it out of the building, jumping onto a roof and quickly sliding down it before running across and grabbing onto one of the thick poles that were attached to the building. The three were quick to grab onto it before Yelena reached down and undid the bolt that allowed the metal to go forwards.

The Widow that had been running after them was quick to jump off the roof, flying towards them and before she could fall down to her death, Natasha was quick to grab her wrist. The Widow pulled out her blade, slicing at her wrist before Natasha lost her grip and the woman went plummeting towards the ground. The pole slammed against the next building, sending both Alec and Yelena flying through the window whilst Natasha fell down to the ground. Alec yelled her name before quickly getting up, pulling Yelena up from the ground and checking to make sure that she was alright.

Yelena waved him off, accepting his hand before the two found their way out of the building, running to where Natasha was with Yelena pulling out one of the vials from the stack in her hands, coming to a stop when she saw Natasha staring at the dead Widow. Alec and Yelena exchanged a look before carefully making their way over to Natasha. Yelena put the vial back, a frown on her face.

     "Do you believe me now?" She asked, looking away from the cure and towards her sister.

     Natasha looked at her before asking, "How many others?"

     "Enough." Yelena answered before walking away.

     Alec stared down at Natasha, shaking his head. "You can't save them all."