CHAPTER 4

'I now know my purpose in this life. And that is to offer my help to anyone who needs it as soon as possible,' I smiled before I reached the 'still celebrating' team.

---

"Y/N-chan, where did you go? We were looking for you," Endou faced me and so did the rest of the team.

"Oh, nowhere in particular," I said as I shrugged. I then went to Gouenji's side within the group inside the club.

"Thank you everyone for giving us the opportunity to participate in the Frontier!," Endou bowed and thanked us.

I then stepped forward as to represent the feelings of the team and said, "No. We thank you, Endou-kun, for giving us this opportunity. If it weren't for your happy-go-lucky personality, we wouldn't have won the two past matches."

He then looked shocked and smiled, "Well, I'm just doing my job as the captain of the team," with corresponding nods from everyone.

"Well now that we can go to the Frontiers, how about we go practice on the riverbank now?," I said strictly.

"Eh?! Practice again L/N-san? We're already tired from today's match," Max-kun disagreed.

"Well, if you want to win the Frontiers, you have to improve your stamina along with your ball handling," I said with a tick mark as if annoyed with the fact that their slacking on this very opportunity.

"Besides, someone will soon come to help the team," I said to lift their spirits.

"Eh? Who is it, L/N-san?," Kazemaru-kun asked, to which I responded with a "That's for you guys to know real soon" with a quiet gesture and wink.

"Well," I continued as I faced Endou, "I'm afraid I have to go now, Endou-kun. I apologize if I wil not be able to attend practice. I just have something to do real quick and will soon be back."

"No, no. It's fine Y/N-chan. We will always welcome you back after your business with something," he said reassuringly, to which I smiled at this.

"And Gouenji-kun," I called to him and he faced me, "You did really great out there. I hope to see more of you before the finals." He looked cold as usual but his eyes were filled with joy from me complimenting him.

After a few more goodbyes with the rest of the team, I finally departed to the place I planned on visiting, the chairman's office.

As I knocked the door, I heard a faint 'Come in' whose voice belongs to Natsumi before proceeding to enter the room quietly. Seeing this, Natsumi stopped what she was doing and asked me what brought me to the chairman's office.

"I apologize for intruding in this time of the day Raimon-san," I greeted her and continued, "But I only came here for one thing."

"And what might that 'one thing' be, L/N-san?," she raised a brow, to which I smirked.

"I favor for you, Raimon-san, and I know that you will agree to it," I said, not erasing the smirk off of my face.

"No," she bluntly said as she continued to do her work but when she saw my smirk, she knew that something was up so she raised a hand for me to proceed.

"I want you to become a manager for the team," I simply said.

'Though I already knew about Natsumi eventually joining the team, I must change her fate and let her join the team as early as possible. This is so I can save her father, the chairman, from the accident that will happen to him before the Frontier finals.' I thought.

'I want to save everyone from the future accidents that will happen in this series,' I continued to think.

"Huh? And why would you think that I will sign up as a manager for them?," she asked.