CHAPTER 10

"You were the one who saved my teammates from that shoot right?"

'Huh?,' I thought surprised.

I was already expecting for him to ask me that. It was just that it took him only a few minutes early than what I presumed as the time for his realization that I was the one who saved his teammates.

As I slowly faced him fully, we both heard a scream from the all-known loud Endou Mamoru, which actually gave me relief from the burden of explaining everything to Kidou.

'I should probably do it when the perfect time comes,' I thought as I showed my gentle smile to the now approaching jolly boy.

"Kidou!!!," Endou shouted.

When I looked to see Kidou's expression, it is that of a saddened person. It showed that he was already feeling inferior to Endou, which I thought in my past life as a dumb philosophy.

'Although I was not the best at every class in my past life, I was already willing to do my next step in overcoming that obstacle.' I thought vividly as I saw Kidou started talking.

"Teikoku has been the reigning champion for 40 years straight. As of today, we have brought that legend to an end. All this time, we fought while thinking only of winning, but the match was over before we could even touch the ball. Throughout my whole life, whether I was awake or sleeping, soccer was the only thing I ever thought about and now, it's been put to a stop in this way. My soccer is over," he said whilst looking on the ground, looking devastated.

With every word he said while degrading himself, I couldn't help but feel my blood boil that he was this easy to give up on a simple thing, but I didn't show it. I already know that Endou has a way with his words.

"That's not true! As long as you don't abandon soccer, it will always be yours," Endou insisted. And then, he called out to him and threw the ball that he was holding when he came here. This was easily kicked and passed by Kidou back to Endou. With this, he seemed to have realized something for a bit.

--------------------

"Whoa! This is so cool!," Endou exclaimed as he admired the furniture and technologies inside Kidou's house. As he was admiring the vase as he did in the anime, I took the initiation to start a conversation with Kidou, using Endou's conversation with him in the anime even though I already knew the answers to it.

"So, Kidou-kun," I called to him which he complied with listening.

"Do you have any other siblings apart from Otonashi-san?," I asked.

"It's just me," he replied and we heard a stumble just beside the couch and saw that Endou was holding a vase as if he immediately caught it after having the vase almost fall.

"Are you serious? You have this huge room all to yourself?," Endou asked as he continued to roam around the room. And it was by then when Endou found a really old magazine about soccer.

"Hey, did you know the reason why I persevered to play soccer?," Kidou stood his seat and approached Endou, taking the magazine from him whilst reminiscing memories.

At this point, I already knew what he was going to say so I tried to take in all the features in his room. What I was intrigued the most in his room is the many books that was plainly placed in the bookshelf with evident dust on its covers, as if it was desperately waiting for it to be read. So, as the curious person that I was, I stood from the couch and approached the bookshelf to where Kidou and Endou were conversing.

As I was skimming through the names of the books, I saw some that were really popular in my past life, although with a misspelt title of course.

'Hungry Gamers'