CHAPTER 3

'Step one, completed,' I smiled at the thought.

--------------------

"If you don't win with your practice match against Occult Junior High, say goodbye to your soccer club," Natsumi reported to us.

We are currently inside the soccer club with Natsumi on her usual threatening aura. Yes, I already passed my application to the Principal and coach to which they immediately agreed as they wanted for me to distract myself from my books at least for a while. I chuckled at the memory.

Seeing this, Natsumi faced me and asked, "Is there anything funny about anything I said, L/N-san?."

The boys, except Gouenji, then shivered from fear for Natsumi has this menacing aura surrounding her when she heard me chuckling.

I then stood up and bowed. After that, I apologized, "I'm sorry, Raimon-san. I was only laughing at a memory of mine, but....," I looked at her and continued, "I want to ask why you are very concerned with this club in particular, though I heard that the Tennis club has never made a win while the Badminton club was now short on members."

By this, Natsumi blushed and mumbled a "Because it is for the reputation of the school," although, I already knew that she wanted to be involved with the team.

"Just remember the deal," she finished as she strided to the door and left.

"Uhm, Y/N-chan. You dn't have to be harsh on her," Aki said.

I faced her and responded, "Oh, I was only confirming something Aki-chan. Now worries."

After that, Otonashi-san entered the room with a CD on hand and started, "Everyone, we can watch one of Occult's matches so we know what their tactics would be." She then proceeded to play the CD on a player and we watched it on a mini laptop thingy.

'Out of all the things I should memorize, this is the one thing I don't remember'. I sweatdropped.

We then observed how the Occult's opponents were not moving as their strikers were continuously running to their goal and made scored a goal. By this, everyone was confused and started to ask questions regarding this matter.

Out of all the noise, Aki-chan turned to me and asked, "What do you think, Y/N-chan?."

By that, everyone stopped making noises and looked at me as if anticipating for the answer of the school's top 1 student.

'Wait! If I tell them, then the match would finish easily. But then, Endou-kun and the others wouldn't be able to realize their power,' I thought.

I sighed at this and started, "I know the secret behind those chains as well as the hypsnosis brought by the Occult soccer team, but for this match, I want you guys to figure this out by yourselves because you wouldn't be able to realize your own power."

With this, the whole team saddened as they continued to bicker on how my answer would help them. I then continued,

"But, I didn't said that you guys are weak. I know you guys are strong, both in will and power, which is why I want you guys to take this matter on your own hand," I finished with a smile.

By that, everyone was pumped as Endou-kun added, "L/N-san is right everyone! Let's do our best so we can go to the Frontier!," followed with a, 'Yes, Captain!,' from everyone.

--------------------

"Yosh! Everyone, let's all do our best!," Endou prepped as they gathered in a circle and slouched so Endou can give them his hype up speech, as per usual.

"Yes!," everyone exclaimed as they went for their starting positions.

It was few seconds after when the whistled blew that indicated the start of the match.