Pancakes and Valentine's Day

Start from the beginning

"You spent the night?" I ask her.

"Yeah. I hope you guys don't mind. I'll be back at my dad's tonight..."

"No, it's fine." I tell her. "I'm just sorry we were asleep and didn't greet you when you came."

"Well, luckily, Damian was up, or I would have had to crash at Cisco's." Iris says, and we take our seats at the table.

"This is wow." Barry takes in the spread. "This is definitely not a banana." I hit his arm. "I'm...babe I love your breakfast."

"I have tried to teach Aunt Anna how to cook but alas no use

"I have tried to teach Aunt Anna how to cook but alas no use." Damian adds.

"I much rather prefer someone else to cook for me. I don't have the patience." I explain.

"Here." Iris passes over a plate of bacon.

"Oh, let me." Barry offers. "How's your arm?"

"I mean, it stings, but it's a bit better." Iris answers.

"Yeah?"

"You know... you've made pancakes before and..." I kick Barry under the table and give him a look. "I mean not that they were bad or..."

"Barry." I interrupt.

"Yes, babe?"

"Shove the damn pancake in your mouth before I do it for you." I order.

"Yes, dear." he shoves a giant bite into his mouth, and surprisingly there's no crunch to them. No eggshells. "Oh my God." Barry mutters as he savors the bite. "When did you..." I cough, and he realizes what he's about to say. "Of course, it's good."

"Is this fresh-squeezed?" I ask Iris about the juice as I take a sip.

"Oh um...yeah, it was in a box in the pantry, I'm guessing from your wedding. It's a very expensive juicer." Iris answers.

"I thought you opened every box?" I question Barry.

"I thought I did."

"You have super speed." I remind him.

"A lot was happening when we got married. We fought Nazis." He whispers the last part, and I roll my eyes.

"Thank you for breakfast, Iris. You did not need to do this." I tell her as I continue eating.

"How did you have time to get this made? It sounded like yesterday was insane." Barry states as he grabs more pancakes.

"Yeah, it was. Which is why Team Citizen is regrouping before we go after Carver again." Iris explains. "And as for all this, thank God for 24-hour grocery stores."

"And a billionaire budget. That's bacon from the butcher, not ones you can find in any store." Damian adds.

"You went to the butcher?"