Flynn got suspended. He told the principal that the asshole deserved more than just one punch. It got him a longer suspension but he had just smiled and said it was worth it.

And if Winnie and Flynn hadn't been close before, they were attached at the hip from that day on.

Which is why I say, apart from dad, no one cares about my sister more than Flynn. Not even me, and that's saying something. Not to say I don't care about her, because I do. More than anything. Flynn just cares about her so much, it honestly makes me tear up sometimes (and question why I don't have a Flynn of my own). Maybe it's because she was the only person he had for the longest time after he moved here from the Bronx. Or maybe she just showed him more love than anyone ever had before. I don't know. But what I do know, is that no one has ever had each other's back more than those two.

Which is why I had no right to get jealous that day in the living room a few months ago. Absolutely no right at all.

Nobody ever said I was rational.

Anyway, back to Winnie.

If Winnie wasn't bad enough before, Christian really fucked her up.

And while she's doing a lot better now than she was last year, that doesn't mean all her issues just got up and walked away.

Our mother was the best parent anyone could ask for. She was always warm, attentive, and loving. But because she passed when we were so young, you could say that's what kind of kick-started Winnie's abandonment issues. We always had aunt Megan, but it wasn't the same. It didn't help that Winnie completely shut off and refused to let anyone help her. Dad didn't know what to do and ended up sending her to therapy for a couple years, which actually really helped and she eventually stopped going.

But then, six years later, Christian's stupid ass came and made everything ten times worse.

I could've fucking killed him.

My father's a cop, I could've gotten away with murder.

Unfortunately, I'm not quite that crazy. So instead, when we were playing baseball in Gym the next day, I made sure to hit the ball in Christian's direction. It hit him in the crotch. Hard.

It's probably the only time I've ever been good at sports.

And I have never been so thankful for Sophomore class and senior class for having Gym at the same time.

Because Winnie had become so good at hiding what she was feeling, dad never found out about Christian. Or the fact that she honestly probably needed to start seeing a therapist again. She refused to go.

That brings us up to date. Winnie doesn't want the same thing to happen with Adonis.

And Adonis, god, that boy treats her so well–and they aren't even together. And I know he'd never hurt her. Not if he wanted to.

Winnie's just terrified.

"-avia. Octavia!"

"Huh?" My eyes focus on the hand waving in front of my face.

"I've been trying to talk to you for the last ten minutes." Flynn tells me with furrowed eyebrows before he nods down at my hand. "And your ice cream melted."

"Shit–" I hurriedly grab a few napkins from the holder, wiping the mess off the table and my hand. I still eat the cone though because I refuse to waste it after paying for it.

A quick recap; I brought Flynn to get ice cream and asked him to prom –as friends– and he said yes. I guess I must have zoned out after that.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, I was just thinking."

He gives me a look. "About what?"

I stare at him for a moment before sighing.

"Winnie." I state. "You should talk to her."

The way his face goes from confused to concerned is almost comical, yet heartwarming all the same. "Winnie? What's wrong with Winnie? Did something happen?"

"Technically nothing." I tap on the table with a small grimace when his face grows more concerned and a little bit annoyed.

"Octavia, I swear to God, I am not dealing with your bullshit today. If something's wrong with Winnie–"

"Nothing." I emphasise. "She just doesn't tell Kamri and I everything like she does with you. I'm her twin, but for some reason, you're the motherfucker she can't live without."

I see him fail to hold back a smile at that and I laugh under my breath.

We decided to leave after another ten minutes, the Spring air smacking us in the face as we exit the doors of the ice cream parlour.

"Here," He clears his throat as he stops walking and hands me his keys. "Go wait in the car, I'm gonna call Winnie real quick."

I just nod, sending him a reassuring smile as I take the keys and start making my way to the car as he brings his phone to his ear and I know Winnie has already answered his call. She always answers him straight away.

I sit in the car with the window cracked open a little bit to let the stuffy air out of the car, watching as he slowly starts walking over after a moment.

I hear him laugh faintly, followed by, "it's a date."

I can't help but smile, shaking my head slightly.

Definitely platonic soulmates.