Chapter 18

Four months later

Our days move past in a boring domestic kind of way. It's comfortable and I haven't been this happy in awhile.

Every morning, I go home to get dressed in a fresh set of clothes, having left my previous outfit at his house in a hamper. I wear the pajamas he lends me on my trip home, he insists on driving me before he heads off to work and I meet him back at his place with those same pajamas so we can have dinner together. He cooks, I watch him and help clean up when we're done.

We haven't had sex since getting back from our date, much to my disappointment. I've tried to initiate, but he always stops us before we go too far. He does always make sure my needs are taken care of, but doesn't let me take care of his. I guess it's alright, but it does make me feel a little selfish and a touch rejected.

"Can I ask you something?" I say, laying on my side in his bed, my leg thrown across his waist. His fingers are lightly scratching along my thigh, getting slower and slower as he starts to doze off.

"Of course. You can talk to me about anything" he turns his head, opening his eyes to look at me, fully awake now. He reaches over and brushes my hair back. It makes me smile whenever he does this.

"Why have you not wanted to have sex?" It's a little hard to look at him and ask this, but I muster my courage and maintain eye contact.

He smiles slowly, leaning over to kiss my forehead, then my temple, trailing his lips down to mine and rolling me onto my back so he's hovering over me. I can feel his arousal through his pajama pants and I reach for the buttons on his shirt. He pulls my hands away before cupping my face and kissing me soundly one more time.

"It is not that I do not want to have sex with you." He stops talking to kiss me deeply, moving one hand to the back of my head so I wouldn't be able to get away even if I wanted to

"Then what is it? I must admit that I feel a little rejected every time you pull away when I try to start something." I admit after he pulls back.

"Oh, angel" he buries his head into my neck, nuzzling in there and wiggling the rest of him against me. He knows I love when he does this. Being crushed by him is one of the best feelings. He kisses my neck, nipping at my jaw before sitting up, pulling me with him to sit on his lap, keeping me eye to eye with him "I am sorry that I did not explain my lack of sexual activity to you. I did not intend for you to feel that way. I know this relationship blipped into existence and we have a great physical connection. I have been having such a good time getting to know your soul, that I did not want to distract myself with your body, as tempting as it is"

A blush creeps up my neck and covers my cheeks as his declaration sets in. "So you just wanted to take time to talk more before railing me again?"

"If you must put it so crudely, yes, that was my intention."

"Oh" I hide my face in his chest and he rests his chin on my head. "I feel like such a floozy"

"I must admit that I am flattered that you want me so much." He teases "but you are not a floozy. You know what you want and you go for it. I admire that about you."

"Only you can turn self slut-shaming into a compliment" I pull my face back to look at him and solidly connect our lips, consciously shifting my hips to rub against his erection. He groans into my mouth, gripping the back of my night shirt. "Alright. You have work in the morning. Best to get to sleep now"

"Wait..." I can tell he's conflicted with wanting to do more and sticking to his want to know more about me.

"There's plenty of time. You're right to pump the brakes a little." I run my thumb along his bottom lip.