15. A Much Better Beach (Incorrigible Princess')

Percy woke from a dreamless sleep feeling quite a lot of weight on himself. It wasn't completely abnormal, Siosi had often comforted him or just enjoyed his warmth on some occasions, but this felt different.

He groggily opened his eyes to see his fur blanket on top of both himself and what felt like the head of his ostrich horse in his lap.

Remembering last night, he looked across to see the opposite side of the fireplace empty. Swivelling his head around, he spied what he assumed to Azula's own blanket, well, stolen blanket, laying perfectly in the corner that he'd seen her put it in the day before.

The princess was nowhere to be seen.

The morning light shone through the doorway, illuminating his little cabin. He'd managed a few scruffy windows cut out of the wood and his makeshift lashings of the wood cast little intricate patterns in the shadows cast by the sun.

Afosiosi stirred on his leg, huffing and squawking lightly.

'Morning, dumbass.' She greeted him, as pleasantly as ever.

Her head popped out of the blanket and she ruffled her feathers dramatically. Her little eyes seeing what he was curious about.

'Where's the fiery one?'

"I don't know." He replied. "But you prefer her over me now, so why don't you go find her?"

'Oh, just because you're jealous doesn't mean you have to be a bitch about it.'

"Oh really, that's how you're going to play it, huh?"

'And what are you going to do about it, dumbass?'

"Oh, you little-" Percy stopped short as he was interrupted.

"Hey, before you continue this petty little squabble," Azula spoke up from under the bedroom door frame, "as I'm sure that's what it was, I believe last time I was here I heard something about a morning swim?"

Percy's eyes flicked to her as he replied.

"Yeah, I-"

He did a double take on the princess and his jaw dropped slightly. She stood there in a bikini unlike anything he'd ever seen, though that wasn't really a surprise. He hadn't really seen anything like what any of these people wore. But it still made his eyes go wide.

Her red two-piece with a skirt-like bottom drew his eyes every which way. Not to mention it was the first time he'd seen her in anything that wasn't Fire Nation armour. Her hair was still done up, tied into a neat bun with two strands shaping her face. The red, circular Fire Nation pin seemed to be the only thing holding the top together.

A slight cough from her made him realise he'd probably been looking and quiet for too long.

"What was that?" She asked, seeming all too pleased with herself.

Her curious look doing nothing to help the stuttering mess he was.

"I- Uhh, yeah. Morning swim."

Azula nodded, before striding purposefully out with a beach bag held over her shoulder, not giving him a second glance. Percy's eyes followed her every step out the door.

What is wrong with me?

'Hah, she got you there.' Siosi interrupted his thoughts.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

'Oh, of course. The dumbass is playing dumb now. How apt.' She stood up and shook herself. 'Well, I'll be out there, eating my food. Good luck with her.'

The ostrich horse trotted out, chuckling to herself, leaving Percy very dazed and confused.

~~~~~