one

For someone who was so shy in school, Kim Sunwoo always made noise in Hana's mind, and frankly - on their street.

She watched from her balcony as the lights from his house glowed in the 3am darkness.

But for someone who was so outgoing at school, Chun Hana always sat upon that balcony - alone.

He noticed she never actually did much, although he also didn't care.

They had both lived here for as long as they were alive, passing each other every morning on the way to the same schools that they always attended - together.

Hana would have been a familiar face regardless of that. In school, everyone knew her. 'Popular' wasn't the word Sunwoo would use to describe her, he could use many more, harsher words.

Someone would always be clung to her arm, whether that was one of her many friends or her boyfriend. Her boyfriend who just had to be Sunwoo's close friend.

"Hey," the red haired boy called on his friend, his eyes focussed out of the window. "Didn't she say she was busy?"

"Uh," Changmin glanced over. "She did," he was lying. "I guess she lied to me."

"And you're fine with that?" Sunwoo scoffed, shaking his head as he closed over the curtain.

"She'll soon learn," he boy shrugged. "I haven't texted her back all day."

The thing about Hana and Changmin was that whilst to everyone else they seemed like the perfect couple, they were far from it.

Sunwoo often grimaced at the sight of the two together. His friend deserved better.

Hana stared at her phone, the all too familiar blank home screen. She would rather people were honest with her instead of lying about their whereabouts, especially her boyfriend and her so called 'friends'.

She stared blankly at the otherwise empty street ahead, left alone with her thoughts and the bright lights from the Kim household.

Is this how she liked things to be, or had she just gotten used to it?