017

y/n pov

the room was empty. it looked the exact same. rory was looking through the doors window. she nodded and i walked up. i put the key in and twisted gently. with one click, it was open. i slowly opened the door, it making close to no sound at all. we quickly began down the hall. i had a general understanding of where things were after studying several maps of the place. we turned the corner and saw ricks approaching. i grabbed her and held her against the wall. they walked by without noticing.

we started down the hall again, quickly and quietly. the gentle taps of our boots being the only sound. we found a control room, swiftly entering. two ricks turned to us, they were watching the cameras. i shot one in the head, rory did the same. they dropped to the ground and we ran up to them. i took a set of keys from one, rory grabbed a small knife. "totally gonna use this if we get caught." i laughed, "shh. look." i pointed at the screen. a camera was on the room where each council member sat.

in  the corner of the screen there was a floor and a room number. "this is so kickass." i mumbled. "seriously, we are so cool." i smirked and looked down at the control panel. each button labeled as something new. "what are you gonna do?" she asked. i looked around and saw a few chairs. i grabbed one and smashed it against the ground, the metal going flying. i picked up one of the metal legs and cracked my neck. i hopped up on the control panel and began smashing the metal into it.

sirens began and we locked eyes, "we need to find the council.. now." she said low. i nodded and dropped the leg. we exited the room and found an elevator. we got in and went to floor seven. our breathing was fast and i was full of anxiety. as the seconds passed i became more and more nervous. the door opened and we were met with two ricks. i shot one and the other darted down the hall. she aimed and shot, hitting his left leg. he dropped and screamed. we ran towards the room with the council, quickly reading each passing door number. 

when we found it, we walked inside. each rick stared at us in confusion. "is that.." "y/n c-137. just on time." one of them spoke. "what is he talking about.." rory whispered. "we know you are here to make an attempt at assassination, but before that, i believe you are owed some information." "i didn't tell you shit when you locked me up." i growled at him. "correct, but your dream state did. now, about your parents." "don't." "why? are you no longer curious as to there wherabouts?" my eyes watered, "fine. continue." "y/n no, were running out of time." i looked at her and back to the rick. "now."

he nodded. "y/n you were born to work for us. your parents signed a contract granting us the rights to you once you turned 18." "she's still 17 dude." rory said. i looked up at the clock. twelve o'six. my eyes widened. "not anymore, happy birthday by the way." the rick spoke so elegantly, like he knew our entire plan front to back. i shook my head. "liar." i said. "really? ask them yourself." a door behind the ricks opened. my parents walked through.

"hi sweetheart, how've you been?" my mother spoke clearly. my knees felt weak, like i could fall over at any second. rory knew about the entire situation, her face was flushed with rage. "come on, no hug for us?" "go fuck yourself." "language young lady." my father spoke. i shook my head. "no. stop this, all of this now." "you have two options y/n." the rick spoke. "surrender and we let rory go home, or die trying to stop us." i closed my eyes and opened them. i looked at rory and winked. immediately after, we shot at each rick. four died, three were on the ground groaning in pain at rorys shit aim.

my parents charged at us, my mother at me. she held a knife and i shot, no amo. i tried to reload but i was on the ground, facing her. i held her arms away as she forced the knife to my face. she was stronger, more experienced. with all the force she could use, she dragged it down my face. i screamed in pain as she did, the vision in my right eye fading. all i could see was red, then black. i kicked her off and quickly reloaded, shooting her. i killed my own mother. i held a hand over my eye and looked over at rory. she was holding her stomach, my father on the ground beside her feet.

"holy shit are you alright?" she asked as she ran up to me. i nodded. "i-i'm fine. we need to get to the main control room, lets go." she nodded and we ran to the elevator. we started to the top floor. sirens continued to go off as we hit the top floor. the elevator stopped with a ding. the door opened to a completely empty room. rory started to go but i grabbed her arm, "rory wait.." i whispered. "what?" she looked back at me and i noticed the blood on her suit. "i'll do it." she nodded and followed me. i walked towards the control panel. i took a breath and used what little vision i had to see the buttons. 

i examined each closely, rory was sitting in a chair behind me. "where the fuck is self destruct!" i yelled as i hit a few buttons. then, i saw it. a large green button at the top. i turned around and shot a portal to bradleys. i smirked and hopped up on the panel, stomping on the button with my clunky boot. i hopped down as the thirty second timer began. "come on rory lets go." i said, facing the portal. i turned around and saw her limp body. my eyes widened as i ran up to her.

"rory.. rory come on.. no.. no!" i screamed. she coughed up blood and removed her hand, her side was slashed, deep. she was holding in what she could. "y/n there.. there isn't any hope for me. go, save yourself. i'm just glad i got to help you.." tears streamed down our faces. she touched her bloody hand to my face and wiped my tears. she pulled me closer to her and placed a soft kiss on my lips. "now go, watch from bradleys. have a brandy for me. and water my plants." she laughed. i closed my eyes and opened them, watching her fade. i stood up and listened to the five second count down. i darted through the portal and landed on my stomach as i fell through. 

a loud explosion was heard and i looked off to my left. the citadel was finally gone. my parents, each rick who torured those poor mortys, gone. aurora, gone. i let the tears fall freely as i stood up. i walked towards the front of the building and then inside. i ordered a drink. all of it was down within seconds. i walked out and got in the car, forcing myself to stay awake so i could make it home on time. when i did, i walked into the apartment and collapsed on the couch.