Twenty-Seven

In this chapter it's Chris's birthday

*5 months later*

Y/n's pov

"Alright, it should be ready." I said, getting down off the chair after I hung up the banner I made that says "Happy Birthday Chris!"

I look at Scarlett and I ask "What about you? Do you think it's ready?" I tickled her foot and she smiled and cooed at me.

I grabbed her pacifier and I put it in her mouth.

I picked her up and I laid her down on the floor, giving her leg exercises, as I cooed at her, Piper and Dodger licked her face as she giggled, covering her face.

"Aren't you so cute? You are the cutest thing ever. Yes you are." I said as I tickled her belly and she laughed.

"Da-da?" She asked softly.

"He'll be home soon, baby, another hour or two." I told her.

"Da-da." She said more demanding this time.

She walked to the window, and stood there her hands against the window.

"Da-da."

"He will be home soon." I picked her up and I took her with me to the kitchen, where I set her in her high chair.

"No, ma-ma." She wasn't afraid of telling me when she didn't want to do something, and right now, she didn't want to sit.

"No? Why not?" I asked.

She raised her arms and gave me puppy eyes, a trick she used on her father to get him to pick her up.

I smiled, picking her up and I carried her everywhere with me, but everything that I had to do took a couple minutes longer than normal because I could only use my one arm that I wasn't carrying Scarlett with.

After 2 long hours, Chris pulled into the driveway.

Scarlett smiled widely and said "Da-da!"

"Ma-ma, da-da!"

"Is da-da home?" I smiled as I walked over to the window and I saw his car as he parked.

I picked her up and I brought her over to the door and I set her down, and she waited patiently for Chris to walk in and Gunner sat down next to her.

When Chris walked in, Scarlett and Gunner waited until he closed the door before running to him.

"Da-da." She raised her arms and gave him puppy eyes.

He smiled proudly at her and he picked her up, holding her close to him.

"What is it baby? What do you want?"

She got comfortable and sighed.

And then she started falling asleep into this arms.

He chuckled "I just got home."

I giggle to myself.

Chris walks to me and gives me a hug and kiss.

"I. Love. You. So. Much." He said in between kisses.

I smiled at him in response.

"I love you too."

The front door opened and shut again.

I looked behind Chris and I saw Scott, holding some presents.

Chris turned around and smiled at his brother.

"Scott! How are you?" He asked.

"Happy birthday Chris!" Scott said giving him a hug, but when Chris pulled away, Scott stole Scarlett.

"Hey little lady, you look tired." He said, holding her sweetly.

"It's your dads birthday! We're going to celebrate him turning one year older."

Scarlett cooed tiredly, her eyes closing.

"Alright," Scott sighed "I guess we'll have to eat the cake without you."

Her eyes shot open "Cake?"

He nodded "You want some?"

"Yeah."

I giggled.

"Well maybe you'll get some when your aunts get here."

She started pouting.