Eighteen

Chris's pov

"Can Piper do any tricks?" I asked her as she practically sunbathed.

"Yes, a lot actually, I've had her since she was a pup."

She's so beautiful.

"Like what?"

"She can shake, talk, lay down, roll over, she can high five, she's polite too, if you're sitting in her spot on the couch she will bark softly at you as if she's saying "Can you get out of my spot please?"

"And when you do get up, she will bark twice as if she's saying "Thank you."

"Wow, you taught her all this?"

She nodded.

"She's a smart dog, and she knows it."

"If I knew you had a dog, I would've brought mine over, he's really playful around other dogs."

"What's his name?"

"Dodger." I said.

"Aww, he sounds like a good dog." She said, smiling up at me.

I nodded.

"He's a great dog."

She giggled, reaching up to touch my hair.

"Do you still feel the same as you once did?" She asked.

I smiled "I do."

She smiled "Me too."

"I wasn't expecting you to say that honestly." She smiled.

"I thought you would've lost interest by now." She softly scratched the back of my neck.

"I did too, but seeing you again, especially as beautiful as you still are, it made me realize that I still love you."

She smiled and sighed.

"Thank you, Chris."

I smiled "You're welcome y/n."

"Do you want to give us a try since we never got to?"

She smiled "Yes."

*A couple months later*

I woke up, and I immediately hopped out of bed, excitedly getting ready for the day.

After I had a shower and ate breakfast and Dodger ate his food, I went to the living room where Dodger was.

"Hey boy, wanna go for a ride?" I asked and he got all excited, running through the house.

"Alright, alright."

I grabbed my keys and I put a leash on Dodger and I walked outside, locking the door, I took him to the car, and I opened the door and he hopped inside, going to the passenger seat.

I sat down in the drivers seat, and I closed the door, buckling my seatbelt.

I started driving to y/n's house and when I got there, y/n was waiting outside, smiling.

I got out of my car, holding Dodger on my leash, as I walked up to her.

"Hey y/n."

She smiled, giving me a kiss.

"Hey Chris," She looked at Dodger, and her voice turned into a baby voice "Hey Dodger." She cooed.

"Come in." She smiled sweetly, opening the door, motioning me to come in.

I smiled and walked in, Dodger following me inside.

Y/n closed the door and I unleashed Dodger, he smelled around.

Piper ran to me and made a surprised look at Dodger.

But soon started wagging her tail when she realized she has a friend.

They smelled each other and after that, they started playing, lightly growling as they played with each other.

Y/n giggled as she watched them play, tossing them a ball.

Dodger ran after the ball, and then he grabbed it with his mouth, running back to y/n, giving her the ball, and she threw it again.

Piper and Dodger both ran after the ball, but Piper came back with the ball this time.

"They're so cute."