Twenty-Six

*A few hours later*

I smiled as I picked up Scarlett and I said "Alright, nap time."

I took her to her room, setting her in her crib, I rubbed her back until she fell asleep.

I went back put to the living room and Chris is jumping around excitedly, his hand holding his phone to his ear.

I giggled softly.

"She said "Da-da!" Yes! She did! I even caught it on camera!"

He doesn't know that I whisper da-da in her ear when he's not looking.

He deserves it.

"Scott, I'm not kidding you!"

Chris looked at me, and I smiled widely.

I walked up to him, and he wrapped his arm around me, and I asked "How is Scott?"

"He's good, he's coming over tomorrow." He said sweetly.

I smiled softly.

Chris looks down at me happily, just happy for "dada" to be her first word.

I smiled at him and he kissed me deeply.

I sighed softly into the kiss.

Chris pulled away and he said into his phone, to his brother "Hey I'll call you back later, I have chores I need to get done."

I giggled softly as Chris hung up, putting his phone down.

He smiled as he picked me up, taking me to our bedroom.

He set me down on our bed softly and he said "God, I love you so much, baby."

I smiled widely as I said "I love you too."

I looked into his eyes lovingly and he kissed me softly yet passionately.

When he pulled away, he looked into my eyes with love.

He smiled at me as he laid down next to me, snuggling up next to me.

I sighed happily, smiling widely.

He pulled me close to him and we looked into each other's eyes with love.

I smiled as I buried my face into his chest, closing my eyes as I sighed, wanting a nap.

*The next day*

I woke up to Scarlett crying, I immediately got up and I quickly walked to her room, and she was standing in her crib, looking down at the floor at her favorite stuffed animal.

I looked at my watch and it was 8:06.

I decided she needed to get out so I walked up to her and I picked her up out her crib.

I also picked up her stuffed animal and I gave it to her.

She cooed happily.

I walked around the house with Scarlett in my arms until she got antsy.

I set her down and she wobbled to the living room.

I started doing the dishes, already hating the fact my hands were getting wet. (I fucking hate getting my hands wet.)

Chris and Scott walked in the door and Chris walked up to me, wearing gardening gloves as he held up some roses he had trimmed from my rose bush.

"Aww, thank you." I said.

"Can you do the dishes Chris? I don't like my hands wet." I gave him puppy eyes and he smiled as he melted.

"Yes, of course baby."

Yay, my hands can be dry now.

I dried off my hands as Chris set the roses down on the counter, I picked them up, plucked the buds from the stem, and I put them in a tupperware container, but I didn't put the lid on it so I could smell it.

"Scarlett! How are you?" Scott said to her.

She cooed back to him and I went to the living room.

"How are you y/n?" He gave me a hug.

"I am well, thank you." I said, going stiff as a board, not wanting to be touched at the moment.

"Well? That's doesn't sound like y/n, is something wrong?" He asked as he let me go.

"No, I am fine, it's great to see you Scott." I smiled.

Scott picked up Scarlett and said "Guess what? Both of our names start with an "sc" and end with a "tt."

I made a look, really thinking about what he said.

Oh my god, it does.

"Scott I hate you sometimes." I laughed, and he started laughing too, making the baby smile widely.

"What's Chris doing?" He asked.

"The dishes." I said as I sat down.

"There isn't much so he'll be done soon."

Scott sighed as he sat down on the couch, softly bouncing Scarlett on his knee.

Soon Chris was done with the dishes and he sat down next to me, his arm around my shoulder, looking at Scarlett proudly.

God I love Chris sm