Twenty-Four

Uh so. Yeah. You're giving birth, and I am not gonna be a pussy and not describe the labor process like I did my Tom Hiddleston book. Thanks.

*Time skip*

Chris's pov

I wake up to someone nudging me.

"Chris, Chris."

My eyes open and I looked out the window, and it was dark but it was getting lighter, I look at the time and its '6:37.'

I look to my right and y/n's sitting there, her hand on my chest, a look of uncomfortable pain on her face.

"What's going on?" I asked.

She whimpered in pain softly.

"My water broke."

"I just had a contraction. Aww fuck, that hurt."

I sat up as quickly as possible, getting out of bed.

I put on a shirt and I went over to y/n's side of the bed, and I helped her up.

She held her big stomach as she breathed slowly.

"How long ago did your water break?"

"It broke just now."

She sighed heavily.

She dug her nails into my shoulder.

"This sucks, this is killing me."

"Make sure you put my phone in my purse."

I got her out to the car, locking the front door, and I got her in the car and almost immediately she had put her seat back.

I got into the drivers seat and I started the car.

"Did you lock the door?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yes, babe, I did."

"Did you grab my purse?"

"Yes, I did."

I started driving the car and after a few minutes, y/n gasped in pain.

She breathed slowly to control the pain and she slammed her fist on the arm rest on the seat.

"Are you doing okay over there?" I asked.

"No!"

"You do realize that your chose a house that's two and a half hours away from the nearest hospital, right?"

"Shut up!"

She made a face that said 'Oh shit'.

"Oh my god."

After an hour of she was basically screaming in pain because of her contractions.

And she has a low pain tolerance so it hurts a lot more.

She gripped the arm rest.

I gave her my hand and she took it, squeezing it very softly.

She sighed softly.

She gripped the arm rest with all of her strength but she was holding my hand like it was a puppy.

"I love you, we'll get there soon, okay? Just breathe."

She breathed in, and then out.

"I love you too, just get to the hospital."

"We have one more hour until we get there."

The sun came up more so that it was light outside now, what y/n would call the golden hour.

"Look how beautiful the sky looks." I said, trying to get her focused on something else.

"Yeah, yeah, beautiful, gorgeous, whatever." She panted softly.

She breathed in, and out, looking at me.

*Time skip*

Y/n was laying on the hospital bed and I was sitting next to her, holding her hand.

"Just breathe."

"Shut up!" She yelled at me.

"Ow!" She looked at me, face red and a little sweaty. "You did this to me! Fuck! Get this baby out of me!"

One of the nurses giggled softly.

"You're almost there, alright? Just keep pushing for me." She said softly.

"I AM PUSHING!" Y/n screamed.

"I see the head, keep pushing."

Y/n squeezed my hand hard as she pushed.

Y/n panted as the nurse said "Watch your breathing, breathe slowly."

Y/n pushed again and the nurse said "We have the head, keep pushing momma."

The look on y/n's face changed when she said that word.

It was almost as if she just realized that she's a mother.

Y/n pushed again and the nurse smiled as she picked up the baby, wrapping it in a towel, cleaning its face.

"It's a girl."

Y/n was panting from all of that, and she sighed from the relief of pain.

The nurse put stuff on the umbilical cord, next to the babys' stomach and I asked "What are you doing?"

"I'm clamping the umbilical cord so I can cut it."

"Do you want to cut it?" She asked me.

"I would, but I wouldn't want to hurt her."

She smiled sweetly "You're not going to hurt her, I promise, here." She handed me the scissors and I carefully cut the umbilical cord. (My dad cut mine, so I'd thought I'd add that in)

She took the baby put of the room to do that normal stuff, weighing, measuring her height, and a few other things.

After a while y/n had fallen asleep from the medication she was on and I was waiting.

Another woman came in the room and handed me some paperwork to do.

"Thank you."

She smiled and walked out.

I did the paperwork, well, as much as I understood, I did what I could but when I was done, I woke up y/n to do the rest.

After a few minutes the nurse came back with the baby.

"There you go!" She said and handed y/n the baby.

Y/n smiled tiredly.

"Thank you."

She sighed tiredly, talking to the baby.

"We thought you were gonna be a boy, we don't have any girl names for you."

She threw her head back onto the pillow "Ugh."

I smile "Not what you were expecting?"

"No."

"The doctor told us it was gonna be a boy."

"What are we gonna do bout her room?"

"The room is blue."

"We could just paint clouds on it?" I suggested.

"That's the smartest thing you've said all day."

Her jaw dropped as she gasped softly "We could make it look like a beautiful sunset!"

The baby started fussing.

"Shhh, shhh, shh, it's okay, I'm sorry."

I smiled as her motherly instincts kicked in.

"What are we going to name this baby?" She huffed.

My hands went to my pockets, searching for my phone, only to remember that I left it at home when we left in a hurry.

I shrugged "I dont know, have you got your phone? We could look up names."

Holy fuck is this a long chapter.