Chapter 22- Actually

Rhiannon's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off quietly.  I was a much lighter sleeper than Josh and always woke up before him because it took me longer to get dressed.  I looked over and saw his curls falling in his face as he slept. I gently swept them away and kissed his forehead before getting up and getting ready.  I fixed my hair and makeup, I had started feeling a little clammy as I was getting ready but powered through, I knew Josh was excited about our day.  When I was almost ready I needed to wake Josh.  I walked over and sat on the bed.  I put my hand in his hair and lightly started scratching at his scalp.  He groaned and slowly opened his eyes.

"Good morning" He hummed when he saw me, "What time is it?"

"We have about 45 minutes before we need to leave, and it smells like someone is cooking downstairs so I thought you might like to eat before we go," I replied as I walked over and finished getting dressed.  I decided on my favorite flare jeans, a funky patterned button down and some vintage boots.  Josh put on jeans and a patterned sweater.  We walked downstairs to find Sam in the kitchen cooking. 

"What are you making?" Josh asked as he peeked over his shoulder. 

"French toast," Sam said plainly, "Do you guys want some?"

"Absolutely," Josh said as he reached to get 2 plates out of the cabinet. 

"Actually babe I don't want any," I said as I sat down at the table.  He turned and looked at me with a confused face

"Are you sure? French toast is your favorite," He asked sweetly,

"I'm sure." I replied with a smile, "Thanks though Sammy." I added and he nodded.  Josh put the extra plate in the cabinet and patiently waited for Sam to put a piece of toast on his plate.  When he finally did Josh came over and sat next to me, Sam joining us after he had fixed his own toast. 

"Did I scare your new girlfriend away?" I asked, Josh grinned next to me as he took a bite. 

"No, her flight home was this morning." He said back after rolling his eyes,

"Ah, I was wondering why you were up so early," Josh said.  We heard footsteps coming around the corner to see Jake and Sloan.  Jake had bruises under both eyes from Sam hitting him the previous night.  Sloan looked exhausted as she walked to the fridge. 

"Where is Lin." She asked in a tone void of any emotion.

"She left for the airport this morning, can we talk?" Sam replied, standing and facing her

"No," She said as she brushed past him and out of the front door.

"We will be back later, we have to run to the store." Jake said before waving and following behind her.  

"Well, glad to see everyone hates my new girlfriend, and now my best friend is mad at me." Sam said as he sunk back into his chair.   He and Sloan were best friends since they were little, even so after their fling. 

"Maybe you should have listened to her instead of this girl you've known for a few months." Josh said as He stood up to put his plate in the sink. 

"You've only known Rhiannon a few months and -" Sam started to protest before Josh cut him off,

"That is completely different," He said taking my hand and helping me stand, "Rhiannon and I are soulmates" He winked and kissed my cheek.  My cheeks blushed and I rolled my eyes as I walked past him to go to the door. 

"What you don't think Lin and I are soulmates?" Sam shouted from the kitchen.  Josh and I stopped and both turned, giving him a look asking if he really believed that.  "Whatever, have fun on your date." He said before walking upstairs.  I put on my penny lane coat and Josh put on his coat as well and opened the door for me,