Chapter 8-Surprise

Josh's POV

After the show I was full of energy.  It was a good show, Jake and Sam were finally not arguing which made everything better.  I immediately went to go find Rhiannon.  She was just packing up her workroom. 

"Hey, I'm going to go get changed and then we can head out," I said excitedly

"Ok," She giggled at my enthusiasm, "I'll wait by the door."  I quickly hurried to my room and changed.  I walked back towards the common area of the venue to see Rhiannon waiting with a smile on her face when her eyes met mine.  I felt myself blush as I got closer. 

"Ready?" I asked as I held out my hand, she took it interlacing our fingers.

"Ready.  The uber should be getting here any minute." She replied.  The car pulled up and we both got in.  She leaned forward and quietly confirmed the destination with the driver.  I watched as she leaned back in her seat, trying to hide a smile.

"What are you up to, I see you with that sly grin." I said poking at her side playfully, she squealed and slapped my hand away,

"It's a surprise." She said leaning over to me, laying her head on my shoulder. 

"I thought we were just getting dinner?" I asked looking to the drivers gps,

"Stop trying to figure it out, let me surprise you!" She said as she covered my eyes.

"Alright, alright." I said smiling,

"Thank you." She said as she gave me a kiss on the cheek.  After driving for a while the car pulled into a parking lot with a building that had a neon light shaped like a roller skate.  I looked over to see a huge smile on her face as she waited for my reaction. 

"You can't be serious" I laughed,

"Oh come on Joshy! It will be fun." She said as she opened the car door and dragged me out. "These last few days have been so tense I thought you could use some fun."

"Ok but I'm warning you, I've actually never roller skated before." I said as she excitedly led me through the doors,

"Never?" She asked surprised, I shook my head. "Well, it's one of my favorite past times and I will teach you." she grinned,

"I can ice skate? That has to be a good sign right?" I asked as we told the guy behind the counter our shoe size.

"I mean yeah, it should help a little bit."  she smiled

"I feel like you are just saying that..." I said as I tied my skates,

"Come on, I'm sure you will pick up on it quick.  You seem like one of those people who is instantly good at everything they try." She said raising a brow,

"I mean.." I grinned

"See. Now lets go, stand up." She said holding out her hand.  I cautiously grabbed her hand and slowly stood up, holding my other arm out to try and balance.  Immediately my feet started to go out from under me. Rhiannon grabbed my other hand quickly and steadied me, pulling me close to her as we both burst into laughter.  "Maybe this was a bad idea, I don't want to injure the front man." She said as our laughter faded

"No, no, no, this is perfect, just give me a second to get my bearings." I insisted.  As we stepped onto the floor, she turned and began skating backwards as she held my hands.  "What are you, some kind of professional." I said as I watched her feet move gracefully across the floor.

"No, I've just been skating since I was little" She laughed.  After her helping me for a few laps I was able to actually skate fairly well by myself.  After skating for about an hour or so we both decided that we were hungry.  We decided to walk down the street a bit and get takeout for back at the hotel.   We settled in the car and Rhiannon sat as close to me as she possibly could.