chapter 7- Please

Rhiannon's POV

"So, what do you want to watch?" I asked as I scooted to the head of the bed, Josh stayed close to the end. I could tell he was a little cautious about getting close to me after me telling him about my assault. It was sweet but this was also why I hated disclosing it to people, it made people pussy foot around me, and I hated it.

"What are the options?" He asked, remaining in his spot,

"Would you get over here." I said as I smacked the back of his head with a pillow. He turned around shooting me a look as he continued to hold the ice pack on his bare skin. "Right here." I said patting the spot next to me. He smiled softly as he scooted backwards on the bed until he was sitting next to me. He crossed his ankles and then rested his hands together in his lap. It was at this moment I realized that any touch would have to be instigated by me for the time being. We picked a movie, I put the remote on the nightstand and dimmed the lights. I scooted closer to him, leaning my back against his chest and resting my arm on his leg. I felt him tense for a moment before relaxing. I rested my head against his shoulder as the movie went on. He eventually wrapped his arm over my shoulders. We had started slipping lower and lower into the bed the more we shifted. At this point we were basically laying down, tangled together as we watched the screen. I had almost started to drift off when I heard him speak

"What is this.." He said as he slowly ran his fingers over my shoulder. His voice was gravely from being silent for so long and also tired. I looked over to see that my cardigan had slid off my shoulder, revealing the small sun tattoo I had. It was only the size of a quarter, I was surprised he had spotted it with how dark the room was.

"It's a tattoo," I said quietly, not budging from my spot

"I know that silly," He laughed softly, causing me to smile as my head lay on his chest. "I mean what does it mean to you?"

"I got it based off the John Denver song, it's one of my favorites." I said as I started drawing shapes on his chest with my finger

"You're kidding? I absolutely love John Denver." He said excitedly but still somehow still calm.

"I'm not kidding," I giggled as I sat up slightly, looking up to him, "I'd be willing to bet I adore him more than you,"

"Hmm I highly doubt that mama." He said with a grin as he ran his hand down my arm. That got my attention. I leaned in and kissed him. I had been dying to kiss him again after the night at the bar. I kissed him deeply before pulling away. A small smile spread across his lips as his eyes remained closed for a moment, like he was savoring it.

"You have any more of those?" He finally mumbled,

"Kisses?" I said being a smartass,

"Tattoos, but I'll take either honestly," He smiled

"I do," I said quietly, I watched as his eyes scanned my visible skin, "You'll find them eventually," I said with a sly grin. He sighed as his eyes scanned me again,

"You're killing me here." He said as he leaned his head back against the pillow. "I'm not complaining though", He added quickly, thinking he had possibly offended me, which he hadn't. I wanted him, probably more than he wanted me. I trusted him, more than I had ever trusted anyone and he made me feel so safe. I felt I could finally let go.

"Josh," I paused as I straddled his lap, his eyes got wide as he watched me, "I want you to touch me," I slowly slid my cardigan off and tossed it to the floor, leaving me in my cotton shorts and a thin tank top. He stayed staring up at me, but I could see the lust in his eyes, like he was waiting for one more word of permission. "Please." I grabbed his hand, and placed it on the side of my face, turning my head slightly and kissing his palm. He abruptly sat up and kissed me passionately. Finally. I wrapped my arms around his neck and tangled my hands in his curls. He started trailing kisses down my neck causing me to whimper as his hands traveled down to my ass, pulling me as close to him as I could possibly be. Smoother than I thought possible he flipped us so I was flat against the bed and he was hovering over me. I saw him wince as he placed me down, "Are you o-"