Chapter 1- Homebound

“Alright! Let’s move! The van is leaving soon and we still need to pack up all of these supplies into the trailer!” Andy shouted. Abbie walked up to her new foster father, her black duffle bag in her hand.

“Ready to go?” he asked. She nodded and handed him the bag.

“Remind me to take you to Hot Topic or something when we get to L.A.” he said, examining the almost-empty bag.

“Not my fault I escaped those terrible monsters with only one outfit,” she shrugged with a grin.

“Everything done?” Andy asked, his light blue eyes scanning the empty camp.

“Yup!” Ashley replied, jumping out of the van behind them.

“And we’re the only ones left,” CC replied.

“Great! Let’s go!” Andy smiled. They all piled into the van except Abbie. She looked at it wearily.

“Something wrong Abbie?” Sammi asked, poking her head out of the open van door. Abbie tugged at her black tank top and shook her head.

“Are you scared?” Ashley challenged, smirking.

“No!” she exclaimed.

“I think you are.”

She stuck out her tongue at him.

“It’s ok, Abbie. This is you’re first van ride, isn’t it?” Andy asked, climbing back out. She nodded and looked down.

“Oh, come on, now! There’s first time for everything,” Sammi smiled.

“Come sit next to me,” Andy smiled, sitting down in the middle. She cautiously slid into the seat. It wasn’t as uncomfortable as she thought it would be. The driver slid the door shut, causing Abbie to jump slightly.

“It’s ok. You’re totally safe,” Andy whispered, hugging her tightly. She nodded and let him strap her in. The seat belt felt weird and she felt restricted, but the others didn’t even seem to notice it, so she just ignored it.

“This is also your first plane ride, isn’t it?” Sammi asked nervously.

Abbie looked back and grinned. “Yup. I’m sure it’s going to be terrible,” she replied with mock-excitement.

“Listen, Abbie… Just don’t turn into a horse for a while, for your safety as well as ours,” Andy warned.

“Why?” Abbie asked, a little hurt. She thought he liked her horsie other half.

“How many horses do you see walking around in the middle of civilization.?” Ashley asked flatly.

“Oh,” Abbie whispered, looking down.

“But cheer up, Abbie! We’re all going on Warped Tour in a couple of weeks!” CC exclaimed. She smiled and nodded. Andy had told her all about Warped Tour on their way back to camp after they had defeated the Wretcheds and the rest of the week they spent together before they had to pack up and head out to her new home, the wonderful town of Los Angeles, California.

They soon pulled up to a rather busy-looking building with a large, black-top parking lot filled with many diverse cars. There were shiny red ones, dirty old white ones, and even a pink one. She smiled and fallowed Andy close behind. He handed her a black duffle bag with a tag and “Abbie” written on it. Once everyone had their bags, they all went inside the building.

Inside, it was huge. There were people everywhere, some running, some hugging other people, others crying. Andy held out his hand, which Abbie eagerly took. There was something about the place that she didn’t like. They eventually came to a long line of people.