"Why did you play a Jonas Brothers radio show after we broke up?" Joe says before pausing. "Oof."

He and Nick make eye contact and Joe takes a second before answering, letting out a deep breath and then directing his answer towards Kevin.

Kevin takes a sip of his drink, waiting.

"Um," Joe starts. "I think it's because we felt you were holding us back," Joe finally says. "That's the truth."

Kevin takes a second, blinking as he absorbs the answer.

"I think there was, um, moments that... Nick and I wanted to do our own thing."

Kevin takes another sip.

"And we felt like your focus was not in it anymore, and it wasn't a priority for you, and starting a family was. Your guitar playing, kind of, like, fell in the back seat." Joe pauses as he and Kevin look into each other's eyes for a second. "And I think we wanted to both continue doing music. And I think we had these gigs in front of us."

Kevin looks down, gulping.

"Now, as I think back on it, I realize how fucked up it is, going to take a Jonas Brothers gig and you weren't on stage, but it took me time to understand having someone in my life that I'll do fucking anything to see Addison for an hour."

Kevin nods lightly, a hurt expression on his facial features.

"All of those years, our first love was music," Joe says. "First love was the band. And so for me as a teenager and a young adult, to see you prioritize anything but... was bad."

Kevin avoids eye contact for a second, his eyebrows raising slightly before going back to their natural position.

"But it took me a long time to understand that." Joe says. "Like, you found love very young. Um, and I do think you know now, too, it's a balance. Back then, we didn't feel like you even tried that. It felt like, it was just like, 'the show's done, I'm out'. And it was like, 'well fuck like sometimes that hand with brothers is so important'."

"And I get that," Kevin says, nodding.

"I love you. I'm sorry that you had to go through that." Joe says.

Kevin nods. "Yeah."

"Let's carry on. Let's leave it there."

Later, after the three of them make their way to their rooms, Joe takes out his phone, starting a Facetime call to Addison.

Her face shows up almost immediately, a grin on her face.

"Hello hello," he grins.

"Hi, headed to bed?"

He nods. "I am. But I wanted to see you first."

"I'm glad. I miss you."

"I miss you too," he grins.

Addison immediately notices his down mood, furrowing her eyebrows. "Everything okay?"

He sighs, nodding. "Yeah, we uh, we played a questions game tonight, talked about some difficult stuff... but we needed to, so."

"Ah," she nods. "Well, a conversation is the beginning stages of healing."

He grins. "Ain't that the truth," he chuckles. "How's wedding planning?"

"Good," she nods. "I um, I'm a little overwhelmed, I'm not gonna lie. But, the girls are helping a lot and Dani is the biggest help of all. I mean, she's just guiding me through it all, giving me ideas, helping organize... all of it."

He grins. "I'm glad. Winter wedding here we come."

"Winter wedding here we come," she repeats, her smile large.

He chuckles. "I'm having a good time, but I have to admit I can't wait to get home to you."

"I can't wait for you to get home to me," she tells him, honestly.

He smiles.

"You should get some sleep, but I love you and I will talk to you when you wake up."

He nods. "I love you too. Goodnight."

"Goodnight," she responds, ending the call.

He sighs, plugging his phone in, setting it down and closing his eyes, trying to fall asleep over the repeated conversation recap in his brain. 

***

hello friends! 

a new update already?! I'm on a roll! 

Just for the record, yes, this conversation is word for word from their documentary, it is not an original conversation but it's still important to the storyline so I felt it would be nice to include it! 

comment your favorite moment or part of this chapter and don't forget to hit vote!

all my love,

Shan:)