Chapter 21-Christmas: Part 2

Start from the beginning

"All of your family is so nice," She said as she leaned her head on me.  

"They all love you.  I've had at least 3 people come tell me how sweet you are." I said as I kissed her temple.  Suddenly the back door slid open and Sloan ran out.  She got out of sight from the window and ran over to the bushes, puking.   Rhiannon immediately ran over and held Sloan's hair.

"Jesus Sloan, are you ok?" She asked,

"Do you want me to get Jake?" I asked as I started to stand up,

"NO" they both said in unison.  I threw my hands up in defense and sat back down. 

"I'll go get you some water.  Sit here with Josh." Rhiannon said as she helped Sloan over and then walked inside. 

"Are you ok?" I asked her as she held her head in her hands

"I want to tell you something, but you have to promise to keep your mouth shut." Sloan said

"Ok, I promise." I said, sticking out my pinky for a pinky promise.

"You can't even tell Jake." She said seriously

"Ok, I promise" I said as she hooked her pinky around mine. 

"Josh, I think I might be pregnant." she said softly,

"WHAT"I said louder than I intended, I quickly covered my mouth and looked around to make sure her and I were still alone.  "Sorry thats just not what I was expecting.  Does anyone else know?"

"Well, I don't even know, it's just a possibility.  But Rhiannon and Kenzi know I've been sick, so does Jake. He just hasn't pieced anything together yet."   We continued to talk about how she wasn't sure who's it would be if she was.  I assured her everything would  be ok and that it was probably just a stomach bug or something going around.    "Also, you looked upset when you ran out of the door earlier, was there something wrong or was it just cause you were about to puke?" I asked

"Sam's new girlfriend called me a slut and told me to stay away from him" She said, tears welling in her eyes,

"I'm sorry, WHO called you a slut?" We both shot around to see Jake walking towards us, Rhiannon behind him.

"Lin did, but its ok, she just found an old pic of me and Sam and she got jealous, it's fine" Sloan said as Jake came over and sat beside her.  Rhiannon sat next to me and slid over the water bottle she had gotten Sloan, giving me a wild look silently asking me what she'd walked into. 

"No, what exactly did she say." Jake asked Sloan, "it obviously made you upset"

"She, she called me a slut, and said what kind of girl fucks her way through a band, brothers none the less, and then she asked if Josh was next."  Sloan said as tears started to fall down her face.  I saw Rhiannon clench her jaw and she start to stand but I put my hand on her knee and shook my head.  She was very protective of her friends but I knew Jake probably had it handled.

"I'll be right back" Jake said sternly as he got up and walked to the house. 

"Sloan don't listen to that dumb bitch.  She doesn't know you, and she doesn't know what shes talking about." Rhiannon said reaching over and taking Sloan's hand.   We all looked over as we heard the back door slide open again.  Jake came out dragging Sam behind him.

"Tell him, tell him what she said." Jake said firmly, pointing to Sam,

"What who said?" Sam asked looking over at Sloan

"Your new girlfriend." Jake snapped back,

"Do I really have to repeat it again? I told you it's fine." Sloan said.  I could tell she just wanted to put it all behind her at this point.