~31~

Through a window, Miranda stirred her cup of tea with a grin on her face, she purposefully had the servants drop Esme off between the treaty of the Shifters and her family, she would be going on a hunger spree after being let go, and Miranda was hoping that she’ll go onto the reservation and cause trouble but Esme still seemed to have some common sense left because she dashed off into the mountains to feed. To say she was disappointed was an underestimate, she wanted drama, she wanted a little suffering, but she guessed the suffering of Carlisle Cullen would have to do.

“Have you got a hold on Bella Swan?” Nicholai wandered up next to her, a glass of wine, like always in his hand, “I need her.” Not only was she needed because of the answer Charlie had, but because he wanted her dead, gone before Aurora came back to him.

“Yes,” a wave of her hand, made the window shimmer before a live picture of Bella sitting with Edward in a living room appeared, “though that other vampire is getting in the way.” She signed, staring boredly at the scene that played out in front of them. Bella quietly sat next to Edward who talked on and on about what was happening.

“How would she react knowing Edward is interested in Aurora?” He almost laughed, though a smile was sufficient enough to cover his amusement.

“She’ll probably end herself.” With a roll of her eyes, Miranda waved her hand again and the window went back to normal, “I’m guessing Leona went back home already?” she glided away and into a nearby chair.

“I sent her home, she is not needed right now, so I allowed her to leave. Why did you need her for something?” He hadn’t moved, deciding to instead take her place at the window and stare out over the open field.

“No, it can wait, though I do need to ask her to draw blood from her son for me.” She pointed to a small doll that looked exactly like Leo, “she’ll give it to Leo, who would give it to Aurora and her body would know exactly what to do with it.” She grinned, it was a dangerous game she was playing tampering with humans and their bodies, but she was sure to get a laugh or to get out of it.

“I’ll be sure to send her a message then.” He didn’t question why she had made the doll, not really interested in the decisions she tended to make, but he did seem a little amused at the thought of Aurora walking around with a doll that was tethered to someone else's life.

“It’ll come in handy, Leona has told me Leo plans on asking her out on a date and it’ll be unfair if she doesn't have something to use against him when the time comes.” She shrugged, playing with life wasn’t anything new to the two people in the room, considering one of them built an empire from the souls he collected, and the other needed either a life or some form of life to perform her magic. It was something casual that they just tossed around every once in a while, nothing new to them, though Charlie had a hard time keeping up with it.

“Oh really?” He snorted, though a visible frown was on his face, he’ll have her, won’t lose even though he knew the human was only a tool in their plans.

“Jealousy doesn’t look good on you King.” She smirked, “you’ll have Aurora, don’t worry too much about their relationship.” She gave him a soft smile, she knew what it was like to lose a lover but she didn’t have the power to bring them back, since once priests and priestess are dead, they stay dead.

“I'm not jealous.” He sipped his wine, still facing out the window to avoid seeing the smug look upon Miranda’s face.

“Of course my King.” She only smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Why don’t you go over there and confront him?” Aurora frowned, she watched as Leah and Angela argued with each other over Ben who was still snapping photos of the two girls, “he doesn’t know you're here, and his reaction should be the answer you need.” She didn’t know much about relationships and that's why she couldn’t share her input on it, but she did know that the girls she saw didn’t like it when their boyfriends paid attention to any other girl but them.