~ 9 ~

“Papa!” She cheered from the front porch of the Clearwaters home, while Charlie pulled up in the driveway, “Papa, hey!” She waved, the need to tell him about her day just about made her want to burst at the seams as she rocked on the heels of her foot.

“Aurora, hey.” He smiled, yeah it felt good to be waited on and then the person that’s waiting be so happy when you arrive. That was something he missed when he was married to Renee and Bella was young, her greeting and Bella’s excited babbling. He really did and really wished he did more to make them both stay, but the past is in the past and what's done is done.

“I’m guessing school went well for you?” He took in her smiling face, and noticed how red her cheeks were, that worried him.

“It went great! Made new friends, and met new people!” She hugged him, squeezing and allowing for herself to be pulled into the house as Sue welcomed him inside.

“Good, good.” He nodded, he was glad she liked it, he didn’t know what to do if she hadn’t, “Cullens?” his lips flattened into a straight line.

“Nope, ignore them like Papa said!” She seemed proud of herself, and it wasn’t really hard to stay away from them because the teachers knew to keep her away from them and they stayed away from her also.

“Extra good.” Jacob smirked, he had no remorse for the fact that everyone now looked at the Cullens differently because of what happened with Bella.

“Extra good indeed.” Charlie nodded, he also was offered a sandwich and gladly took it. His lunch was a little boring without his little girl, and it filled his head with thoughts, good ones of course, but it got them thinking, should he get a poor dog for her.

“Yes.” Sue smiled, Charlie had to pause for a second, “you're thinking out loud, Charlie, get the girl the puppy.” She had placed the plate in front of him and gave a wink in his direction, “she’ll love the company and it’ll teach her some responsibility.” She said that with care, because Leah wasn’t having it when they got a dog, it was left up to Seth who croaked the poor thing when he allowed it to wander free in the woods because he was too lazy to walk them.

“I don’t know.” He looked around, Aurora wasn’t behind him, which meant that she was probably upstairs with Leah and that gave him a sense of relief because the girl wouldn’t be jumping on his back about the matter.

“She’s seventeen right. Give the girl a puppy.” Sue glared, “I swear you and Harry are so stubborn about giving things to girls.” She shook her head, “It wouldn’t hurt if Aura had a little friend she could play with in the past.” She signed, “men.”

“Sue,” Harry had to stop himself from rolling his eyes, sometimes his wife can be a little extra.

“It’s not that I don’t want to give her what she wants, I’m just worried that she might not be ready for it.” He signed, it wasn’t a secret that Aurora was like a baby to everyone, she was constantly touching things, and willingly to learn that it was hard for anyone to see her in a new light other than an childish one, Charlie was worried that Aurora wouldn’t know how to care for the pup and it dies leaving her with a sad heart.

“She’ll take care of it.” Harry groaned, he saw the look Sue gained on her face, and he wasn’t even looking in her direction, “Just get the puppy, for her during Thanksgiving break?” He looked at him, “to celebrate her staying in school, we’ll look after the puppy until then.” He grinned, he’ll watch the dog and make sure it’s well cared for until it’s given back to Aurora.

“I don’t know.” He mumbled, ignoring the stare Sue was giving him.

“Oh you know,” she smacked the back of his head, “you’ll take us up on that offer, and you’ll bring that puppy back to us on your lunch break.” She finishes it off by taking his plate and dropping it into the sink to wash.