Part 7️⃣

This may be one of my longest ones, and what I mean by that is that it took me the longest to write. Because I am terrible with writer's block, soz. I also apologise for the amount of angst in this story, there is a lot of comfort after tho. But I do promise it will lighten up more as it goes along.

I really really hope you enjoy this chapter
Live Long and prosper 🖖

When we were being beamed aboard, the medical team were waiting for us.
'We'll take him from here, Captain,'
They took Spock off me as I came down from The Transporter.
I raced down to the bridge
'Take us out at warp quickly!'
'Yes sir,'
I also got Uhura to leave the Tralexians a "Little Message"
'Set a course for Trellia,'
'Yes sir,'
'And Uhura send a message to star fleet command!'
'Yes sir,'
After that, I left and headed for Sick Bay.
____________________________________
I entered the Medical Bay.
I saw the medical team all gathered around together. Talking.
'What's happening here?'
I noticed the bed Spock was on had a force field around it. Spock was wrapped up in towels and thick blankets and his head rested on plush pillows. He had a catheter attached to his hand and had a mask.

'Well, he is suffering from hypothermia which is moderate for a human but quite severe for a Vulcan. So, for him, it was difficult to tell which side was affecting him the most. But he is on humidified oxygen to warm his airways and help raise the temperature in his body. Also, we've got warmed intravenous solution of saltwater put into a vein to help warm his blood.' explained M'benga.
'What is the force field for?'
'To give him a warm atmosphere, we've set it to 70°F' replied Dr Iria

'But also, the Tralexian did a number on him. His fibula on his left leg is fractured as well as his femur on his right leg. He also has two bruises on the back of his head, but luckily, they do not appear to be too severe. All we can do now is wait till he wakes up and see how he is then,' Bones explained
'But there's also something else...'
Chapel looked over to where the Trellian was laying.
'We've also discovered the Trellian is suffering from pre-eclampsia,'
'Oh, I think my mum had that when my younger sisters were born. It's another word for toxaemia, isn't it? It causes high blood pressure during pregnancy.'
'Correct. So, we might have to keep him in here for a bit longer until his baby is born,'
'Can't you just take the baby out early?'
'Well, because his species' cycle is so different from ours, we can't risk it. We just have to wait, and monitor him regularly,'
'We'll arrive at Trellia in 5 days. I think I'll be able to explain to them.'
During the conversation, my eyes had drifted off back towards the humanoid in the other bed.
I slowly approached his bed, but the force field stopped me.
'The force field is also for to keep him safe... Like you know?'
I nodded
Means just in case he tries to escape again.
'Let me know if anything different happens with either of them,'
They nodded.
I headed for my quarters.

____________________________________
I was on the bridge, filling out forms while the ship was travelling at warp heading for Trellia.
Just when my com beeped
'Kirk here?'
'Jim, Spock is now conscious, but he is in shock, so it wouldn't be wise for you to come down just yet...' mumbled McCoy
One thing you gotta know about me is
If you really don't want me around when something happens, don't tell me in the first place. But this time I actually felt quite hesitant as I don't know if he was holding a grudge against me or not, which might make the situation worse. But still, I was worried about him. I had an idea, I decided to finish the forms which didn't take me too long to do.
Then I headed for my quarters and accessed the security.
And zoomed in on Spock's bed.
But as I watched, I desperately wanted to go down there and take Spock's hand in mine.
They had soundproofed the force field, so to not to disturb Brwaanik the Trellian.
Spock's eyes were looking frantic, he was clearly hyperventilating but he looked weak at the same time. There were loads of nurses around him.
Nurse Chapel looked like she was trying to calm Spock down.
Three Vulcan nurses were trying to keep him still.
Tos was trying to keep his head still as he was rolling it about, while Sev was focusing on his arms and also checking his pulse and T'Laan was holding his legs. Another one of our nurses
placed a non-rebreather mask on his face.
And two of our nurses and V'las and T'Kin were running some tests on him. While the doctors: M'benga, Bones, Iria and Sirok were watching his vitals.
This all lasted for 5.75 minutes
He eventually calmed down a bit. But he still looked weak.
T'Pan got a wet flannel and dabbed Spock's face with it.
While Chapel rewrapped Spock in blankets, M'benga came over and checked his eyes then gave him a hypo.
I switched off the computer
Slumped into my chair my head in my hands.
________________________________
Half an hour later, while I was hanging in the holodeck. I was called to say that it was okay for me to see Spock.
I was delighted but also uncertain.
I hurried to Medical Bay.
When I arrived, Chapel warned me that he was still quite weak, so I had to try and keep him quiet.
Oh lordy!
'Spock you have a visitor,'
Chapel says smiling gently
I slowly approached Spock's bed
Spock's head rolls to my side
And the death glare I received, if Spock hadn't looked so pale and weak, would have got to be one of the most ominous I've seen.