- Natblida -

(Ontari doesnt exist in this story)

Eva had always had to hide, being wrapped in bubblewrap and being as careful as possible, never letting anyone see her bleed black. That was until Roan saw her crouched in an alleyway holding her hand tightly over a cut, she refused to show him and let him help knowing he was Nia's son and if she found out she'd turn her into a weapon. But when he pried her hand away and saw the black blood he just looked at her understandingly, knowing why she was so afraid of the moment. He handed her a cloth and showed her to the castle, where he gently stitched her up, from that day they quickly became friends.

Throughout the years of friendship Eva had helped Roan sort out problems, fight wars, control his anger for the other 12 clans and feel less alone. Nia had died 3 months ago and whilst Roan felt no sorrow by his mothers death, he was worried about being King of Azgeda, he didn't show weakness to anyone but Eva and when he did she would coach him through it and help solve the problem, she quickly became the only one he could trust with his life. 

On his days off he would spend them hunting with her and camping in the forest, he knew she could feel relaxed and not worry about life, she loved doing secret training sessions in the forest and figting Roan which usually ended with one of them sowing the other up whilst chuckling about their win. 

Roan cared for the girl and knew she loved fighing, but all it would take was one cut and her secret was out. The war against Skaikru, he bought her a full body chainmail suit, vertuially impenetrable he knew he could never stop her from fighting but as long as she was by his side she was safe. The war was going well, Azgeda ploughing through the Skaikru warriors, Eva was safe and near him until he got distacted, went off in another direction. Hs own fault and he knew that, his hert dropped when he spun around frantically looking for Eva only to see her liping into the forest, hand clutching her waist, she looked back at him and nodded, teling his she was fine and to continue. 

Many hours later the war had finished and the one thought on Roans ,ind was making sue eEca was okay, he ran into the forsets to check she was okay, he found her passed out, breaths shallow, covered in her own blood. He wrapped his coat around her and carried her home, carefully lting her on his desk and stitching her up, telling everryone to stay out as he did so. He waited all day for her to wake up and to know she was okay. 

Today Roan was on edge, the other 12 clans were visiting to discuss the future of Polis, he tried to keep Eva away, knowing she wouldn't allow him to fight in a conclave. He tried getting her to do tasks that would take the whole day , however when that didn't work he imprisoned her in his chambers, posting gusrds outside with strict instructions to not let her out. An hour into the meeting the 13 clans were still arguing who the rightfull ruler of Polis was, 'Fight a conclave, the strongest wins' Trikru suggested, everyone seeming in agreement. 

He leant back and sighed, knowing he might not be safe but at least she was. The doors crashed open and in stormed Eva, they all turned confused, she pulled  knife out of her sheath and gave a reasuring glance at Roan, she hen dragged the knfe down her forearm wathing as black blood dripped onto the floor. 'I am the rightful owner of the flame' she said, watching as Clarke examined her arm and nodded, 'She will ascend tonight, may the spirit of the commanders guide her'. Clarke shouted, then bowed down, Eva watche as all the commanders of the 13 clans bowed down to her then slowly left the room, until it wa just her and Roan. 

He walked up to her and held her hands in his, 'Why, i could win the conclave' he asked, 'I can't lve if you dont though, if i become the next Heda then Azgeda rules Polis' she said looking at him sincerely. 'It's not safe, you might die' he said lookng worried for his friends life 'I wont' she said walking off and preparing fo the flame. 

Hours later all the commanders waited, bowing as she entered the room. Titus held the flame and waited for the girl to kneel infront of him, moving her hair back he whispered 'Ascende superius' and watched as the flame branched out and planted itself in the girls neck. Her eyes going dark before standing up ad thanking Titus, 'May the spirit of the commanders guide Heda Eva kom Azgeda' he spoke to the small chrowd, before wlking out of the throne room. The commander recogised her role as Heda and left her and Roan alone. 'I told you i'd be okay' she said sitting down on the throne. 'Im glad, but now i have no where to sit' he cmmented, smiling at her. She gestured for the seat next to her 'Just shut up and sit down' she chuckled watching as he made himself comfortable. 

'Im not doing this by myself, i don't want to be commander, just making Azgedas voice slightly louder' she chuckled. 'Fuck, you are now the voice' he laughed back at her lack of sense. They sat there watching the sunset ad hearing the people cheer and celebrate the new Heda.