- Bladesmith -

She wiped the sweat off her brow and picked up the sword holding it horizontally before balancing it and admiring her good work, she placed the sword on the rack to her left and turned to the busy streets of Azgeda, waiting for her next customer, after a few minutes she melted some more metal, watching as the scraps fizzled into a vivid deep amber colour, reminding her of beautiful sunsets at Polis. She went to pick up her sandwich before hearing someone walk up to her market stall. She huffed loudly, put the sandwich back on the bench and turned around, surprised to see the Prince of Azgeda. 

'Can you fix it' he said demandingly dropping a long object wrapped in cloth on her table, she looked up at him annoyed at his ignorance and unwrapped the object, smirking to herself as she looked over the battered and broken sword, she pushed it back towards him and simply answered 'No', he looked up at her, surprised with her blunt answer. 'Your stall says you fix and make weapons, why not' he questioned 'Its snapped at the weakest and smallest point obviously, so if i fix it it will just break again, due to the lack of metal space it can bind it too, plus theres no point the balance is that far off im surpised your not dead' he looked shocked so she continued 'And its that battered you needed a new one plus its blunt, its a waste of my time' she finished. Looking back at his irritated face. 

'Cant you do anything' he tried, his demeanor breaking down, she realised the sword obviously had sentimental meaning' Is it important' she asked 'Yes' he shot back quickly. She sighed before continuing 'I can wield it together strong enough for display but not for use and i can polish it if you wanted, but for a new one i can recast it so youve basically got the same sword' she looked up into his thankful eyes 'Yes' he replied 'Id like to fix it and what does recasting it mean' he looked at her confused. 

'Basically i can make a mould out of it and make a new one the same, with some minor adjustments' she answered. 'It looks like you've had it ten plus years yes' she questioned, 'Since i was eight' he confirmed. 'Right well i can make the handle bigger, your hands have obviously grown', she said looking down to his giant hands, 'But the sword is still an appropriate size' 

'Okay when will it be finished' he asked, she looked back at her liquid metal before confirming 3 hours. 'You can pick it up or wait, im not bothered' she stated getting to work making a mould of the sword out of sand, she carefully picked it up and poured the molten metal into the mould, before turning and finding the same handle in a larger size, she handed him the handle and he held it before nodding it was a good size, she used the remainder of the molten metal to pour that. She waited for the sword to go semi cold before picking it up with her large pliers and dropping it into a barrel of cold water, waiting till the fizzing stopped to pull it out and put it onto the hammering table, she then repeated that with the handle and added a few more metal scraps to the fire. She took the old broken sword and put that back into the mould, then began hammering the metal sword into perfect shape for what felt like hours occasionally wiping the sweat off her forehead and turning round to see Roan watching her impressed. 

She poured the now vivid red metal onto the old sword break, before turning and pulling the handle out of the barrel, then began polishing it and turning to roan, 'Behind you there is a row of leathers choose which one you want to wrap your handle'  she watched for a few seconds as his face scrunched with thought of which he should choose, she moved back over to the once broken sword and pulled it from the cast, dropping it into the cold water barrel. 

She moved onto the newly cast sword, polishing it, after a few minutes she picked up the sword by the middle of its blade and smiled, clearly satisfied with its perfect balance. She looked back at Roan 'You decided' she questioned 'This one will be fine' he pointed, 'no problem' she muttered annoyed with his lack of manners. She placed the perfect blade on her table, pulled the now fixed sword out of the water barrel and started polishing it until it was perfect and you couldnt even tell it had been broken. She put it down and moved onto the handle, grabbing a roll of leather and matching it to the one Roan chose. 

She pulled a small tub of glue from behind her and delicately painted a fine line at the bottom of the handle, stuck the leather to it and wrapped the material around the handle, securing it with glue and cutting the extra leather off. She smiled at the beautiful sword and used the final pieces of molten metal to bind the sword and the handle. She turned around to Roan, who still watched her closely. 

'Done' she said, watching as he stood up and walked over to the table and picked up the sword, feeling along the edges and gripping the handle before swinging it through the air and sliding it into his scabbard (sword holder). He then picked up his old sword, feeling along where the sword was cracked in half, and held it under the sun to see the finely polished metal object. 'How much' he questioned, '200' she replied and waited for him to pull the money out of his pants and place it on her desk, then pick up the old sword and walk away. 'Mannerless arsehole' she muttered to herself when he walked a few paces away. 'Thank you' he shouted to the bladesmith in the distance, smiling to himself at the amazing girls work. She chuckled and picked up her sandwich.