Chapter 13

Cale started to munch on the bread roll as he needed to keep the shield activated for a long time and make himself to calm.

The Empire's side could not help but be confused at this peaceful sight.

'What could it be?'

'Is she not attacking?'

'why did she surround the pile of skeletons instead Choi Han or the Dark elves?'

'Why over there?'

They started to hear loud laughter at that moment.

"Hahahaha! Our young master Shield-nim truly is the best!"

"He knows everything! Pwuahahaha."

"ahm... I think we need to call him young lady alread-ack"

The dark elf who mumbling to other elf got hit at the back of his head.

"shhh.. even he became a woman his still a man!"

"Yeah.. did you know the motto of 'MAN OF CULTURE'!"

pak. pak.

"Both of you restrain you're words! Idiots!"

The Empire's people could not help to more curious about the red head from what they heard.

But soon they became panic and scream in shock. The black beings were charging towards them.

"Y-you damn elves! attack!"

"Get in defensive formation!"

The Dark elves started their attack on the Empire's people. The mages and black mages stepped in as the knights were afraid of the dead mana surrounding them.

"There is nothing we need to worry about now! Just make sure they don't die!"

" it is commander-nim and Tasha's order! Sweep them all away!"

The Dark elves had only attacked the containers with dead mana since coming into this underground hall. They had no choice.

It was because of the skeletons.

The Dark elves could deeply feel what those skeletons left behind here had left.

They were a race that had the darkness attribute since birth and always lived with both nature and death by their side. They couldn't mess around with things left by the dead.

The skeletons that the dead left behind had to return to their remaining families in this world.

That was a law of nature.

They needed to return to the people of the slums who were probably evacuating the Empire's citizens right now, as well as to the people around the continent who were waiting for their family members who had suddenly disappeared.

That was the only way for death to not end just in death but instead to continue tomorrow.

The pile of skeletons was the only thing in the Alchemist's Bell tower that the Dark elves  saw as something to protect.

There was someone from the Empire who figured that out.

"Pwahahahah-"

It was Adin.

He was laughing so hard that he moved back from fighting against Choi Han and almost bent forward from laughter.

Cale Henituse stiffly sitting on the couch that Raon took for him from the room on his back while eating bread roll. However, Cale's eyes were serious unlike when he had such a grumpy expression. It was a gaze that seemed to be saying that he knew what was most precious in this hall.

"Hahahaha-!"

Adin raised his head and looked toward Cale.

He started to speak with the smile now gone from his face.

"You're different than me."

He heard someone other than Cale, who was picking his ear, respond to his statement.

"Of course. Cale-nim is different from you! SO.STOP.LOOKING.LIKE.A.MANIAC.ON.CALE-NIM."

It was Choi Han. He spoke with a dark aura surrounding him while pointing his sword towards Adin.