Training grounds

ARMIN POV

"So, what's the plan for today?" Connie asked as we finished changing. Jean was outside waiting for us since he was already ready.
"We're going to see the trainees and see how we could help them become better soldiers." I answered as I began to walk out, Connie behind me.

"But what if they don't want to join the scouts?" He asked again as I opened the door.
'He didn't hear about it...?'
I was going to answer him, but Jean cut me off.

"Weren't you there when they announced it? Or were you not paying attention? Why did I even ask, It's definitely the latter."

"Hey!"

"Anyway" I cut them off before they could argue. "Anyone training to become a soldier will automatically be admitted to the scouts. Every trainee knows that, which means they know what they're getting themselves into." I answer him, making him nod.

"Ever since we found out about the truth, people have been wanting to join us. Others joined because killing the remaining titans is far easier than it was before." Jean further added, our foot steps echoing in the hall way. Is it echoing? More like our footsteps are kinda loud.

"Do you need us to explain more? Or does your dumb ass need more info?" Jean said with a mocking tone, a playful grin on his face. Connie immediately retaliated.

"I'm not the dumb! Why do you guys always think I'm dumber than I really am?"
"Connie, you picked up a rock once and thought it was bread. You even tried to take a bite out of it"
"They looked the same! And I was sleepy! You can't blame me!"

I chuckled as the two friends(brothers) kept on trying to prove each other wrong.
It reminded me of when Eren and Mikasa would argue when they were younger. Before the day everything went to hell;Before the fall of Shiganshina.

I frowned recalling how strange Eren has been acting. I haven't seen him since yesterday afternoon, after the meeting. He wasn't in the dorm and never showed up. I could only hope that he was safe.

"Guys, come on. We're supposed to meet everyone else before we head off to the training grounds. You can continue your argument later." I told them as they began to quite down, snarling at each other.

I opened yet another door and saw Mikasa and Sasha. They were talking to each other, bread in Sasha's mouth. I guess they were waiting for us.

Mikasa was the first to notice us. She walked to us as Sasha stayed behind, before noticing we were here and followed her.
"Good morning Mikasa!" I greeted her as she smiled. "You too Armin."

Jean looked to his right, a small blush on his cheeks. "Nice to see you Mikasa."
Mikasa only nodded.

Connie looked at him, shaking his head.
'When will he realize he doesn't have a chance? He never even had one.'
Sasha jumped in between them. "So no good morning to me? I've been waiting so long for you guys to get ready!" She yelled, hands in the air. Connie chuckled as he greeted her. Jean just tch'd but smiled nonetheless.

"I waited so long! Can't even have breakfast..."
She whimpered, arms drooping. Mikasa turned to her. "We only waited five minutes."
'Wait...it was only five minutes?'
Connie suddenly pointed at her with an exaggerated face. "Wait a minute! But you were eating bread when we showed up!"
"That's not breakfast!"
"Sasha, you ate a basket full of bread while we were waiting for them."