『 Chapter 13: Test Flight 』

Start from the beginning

Hiccup hooked his legs in the apparatus and shifted the gear. He leaned back letting out a muffled yell, Toothless opened his wings, slowing them down. Hiccup pulled the sheet out of his mouth and tried to get a look at it. You looked forward to your impending doom and buried your face into Hiccup's back. You heard Hiccup toss the sheet and shift gears leaning forward. Suddenly the dragon was turning left and right, dodging rocks. He spun upside down, causing you to hold on tighter to the boy. The turning stopped and you both were flying steady.

You opened your eyes and looked out at the open sea. Hiccup leaned back and threw his arms up in the air, "Yeah!" He exclaimed. Toothless shot a plasma blast, lighting up the sky in front of you, "Aw come on." Hiccup said as the three of you flew right towards the fire.

✵ ✵ ✵

You and Hiccup sat with Toothless slightly curled around the both of you, the dragon looked over and made a gagging noise before regurgitating half of a fish. You and Hiccup looked over at the dragon, you had a disgusted expression on your face, "Uh... No thanks. I'm good." Hiccup said, raising his stick and showing the dragon the fish he has. You took a bite of your fish and heard small roaring noises. Four terrible terrors flew towards the three of you.

"Uh- Hiccup?" You said softly, wondering what to do. You heard Toothless growl, Hiccup lightly placed his hand on your lower thigh. You could tell he was trying to keep you calm but you couldn't help but blush at the contact. One of the Terrors grabbed the half-fish that Toothless had just offered Hiccup. It pulled it back and turned, another Terror tried to take it and they started fighting. One fish was pulled from Toothless's pile. The black dragon grabbed the fish and pulled it away from the tiny dragon. The Terror scratched at the ground preparing to fight Toothless. It opened its mouth to fire but was cut off by Toothless shooting a plasma blast in its mouth.

The dragon leaned over, dizzy, before trudging its way away from the dragon. Hiccup chuckled, seeing the sad state of the dragon, "Not so fireproof on the inside, are you?" Hiccup moved his hand from your leg towards the fish next to him and passed it to the small dragon. The Terror swallowed the fish whole before tilting its head to the side and crawling over to the both of you and cuddling between the two of you. You reached your hand out and pet the dragon, "Everything we know about you guys is wrong."

✵ ✵ ✵

You watched as Astrid and Hiccup were in the ring, Hiccup was sitting behind a makeshift wooden wall and Astrid hid behind it too, not seeing the boy. She turned to him before sending him a glare, "Stay out of my way! I'm winning this thing." She growled before running off to a different wall.

"Please! By all means!" Hiccup stood up and turned towards where you and his dad were standing. Hiccup turned back around to face the dragon, watching as Astrid prepared to fight it.

You felt a large hand on your shoulder and turned towards Hiccup's dad, "I just want to thank you, for taking care of my son. I don't know how you did it but I've never in my life once seen him this invested. How did you do it? Did you train him?" He asked, genuinely wondering.

You shook your head, "No actually, he did it all himself. At first, I was skeptical, but soon he realized that he had a way with the dra- vermin." You tried to stop yourself from sounding too affectionate towards the dragons.

"Well, thank you anyway. He can really get himself into trouble." He said before turning back to the battle.

Astrid jumped from wall to wall, hiding so the Gronckle couldn't see her, "This time, this time for sure!" She assured herself before hopping over the wall and charging towards the Gronckle, "Rahhhhhhh!" She exclaimed, running towards the dragon. She paused in her tracks as she saw the Gronckle laying on the ground, its stomach exposed.

You noticed Hiccup had scratched it so it would go limp but everyone else seemed to be looking at Astrid and didn't notice. Hiccup turned around trying to hide behind a wall. Astrid spotted him and he gestured to the Dragon as if it had fallen over on its own.

"NO!" Astrid started yelling, "Son of a half-troll, rat-eating, munge-bucket." She growled swinging her ax around. The crowd began clapping and Stoick stepped forwards, you looked over the iron bars keeping you all out.

"Wait!" Stoick called, "Wait."

Hiccup looked around quickly, "So, later." Gobber grabbed the back of his vest with his hook.

"Oh! Not so fast!" The blonde man said.

Hiccup tried to get around him, "I'm kind of late for..." Astrid spun him around, shoving her axe towards his throat.

"What? Late for what exactly?" She questioned him.

Stoick put his hands up, "Okay, quiet down! The elder has decided." Everyone gasped.

Gobber placed his hook hand over Astrid's head. The elder shook her head and clutched onto her staff. Gobber then lifted his other hand and pointed to Hiccup. The elder then nodded and pointed towards the boy. Everyone cheered and you saw Hiccup wince.

"Oh, you've done it!" Gobber said, wrapping his arm around Hiccup, "You've done it, Hiccup! You get to kill the dragon!" All of the teens surrounded the boy and lifted him, you frowned from your spot outside the ring.

Stoick cheered, "That's my boy!"

You let out a sigh, heading towards the direction that the other teens were heading, "Yeah, yes. I can't wait. I am so..." Hiccup said sarcastically.

✵ ✵ ✵