Innocent or Guilty?

Start from the beginning

"Sorry about this pal," Sonic says before taking in a deep breath. "WAKE UP!"

Y/n jolts awake and falls off his cell bed. He drops to the floor with a loud thud and a groan. He then pushes himself up and turns to glare at Sonic who was smirking and chuckling.

"Ow," the human grumbles.

"'Sup, Sleeping Beauty?" Sonic greets his friend. "Time to get up. I'm taking you to your trial."

"Oh. Right," Y/n says and sighs. "Let's go, then."

Sonic nods and the cell barrier drops to let Y/n walk through. However, metal flies off of the wall and wraps around the human's wrists, morphing into handcuffs and Y/n gains an unamused look.

"Seriously?

"Sorry," Nicole's voice apologizes from the walls. "It's just mandatory for... criminals and prisoners. Sorry, again."

Y/n sighs but nods.

"It's fine. It's fine," the human says. "Let's just get this over with."

"Let's go!" Sonic says, feigning his usual excitement and optimism as he turns and walks away.

Y/n follows him as they walk out and leave the detention center. As the two of them walk through New Mobotropolis, Y/n tried to ignore all of the stares and looks the people gave him. Some looked at him with sympathy while children waved at him with smiles, not understanding what was truly going on. The others looked at him with glares and sour looks, wanting him to leave them alone forever.

Y/n sighs as Sonic glances back at him and his smile drops. He holds sympathy for his friend and wishes him luck on his trial.

Soon, the two arrive at Acorn Castle and make it to where the Council would hold the trial. Before Y/n was the gathering of the council with Sally's brother and Tails' mom among them.

"Let's get this over with..." He says as he stops in front of the Council.

"See ya around, man," Sonic pats Y/n's shoulder. "Good luck. I'll be over there."

Sonic points to the side and walks off. Y/n turns back to the Council as Elias begins to speak.

"Y/n, you have been brought here today to determine your future in this kingdom," the chipmunk says. "With accusations of treason and terrorism for attacking our people and releasing one of our greatest enemies, how do you plea?"

"... if you're saying that I did what I did just because I wanted to do it, then I plea innocent," Y/n states. "But for doing what I know was wrong to do something right? Giving Mogul the Chaos Emerald so he would release Mina, Tails, and Mighty? Then yes, I'm guilty."

"So you're willing to be thrown in prison or banished?" a councilmember asks.

"I attacked people and defied what everyone else told me to do, and I sided with the enemy. But I only did it to save lives," Y/n states. "I already know the public opinion of me is split up and teetering back and forth, but that doesn't matter. Throw me in prison or banish me for all I care. I'll be just fine knowing that what I did was right."

Sonic watched from the side and bit his thumb from nervousness. He had no idea what was going to happen, and it was hard to tell what everyone was thinking. He just hoped for the best.

"Alright," Elias says. "Let the trial for Y/n L/n of New Mobotropolis begin!"

Timeskip...

As Y/n's trial commences, Nicole materializes herself in the lab. She leans forward on a workshop table and sighs. She then holds her head in her hands with clenched eyes.