Chapter Thirty Six

Start from the beginning

"Stop," I growl, letting my voice boom through the room and he whimpers behind me. He never whimpers. Slater Devor doesn't whimper. An Alpha King doesn't whimper. He's still lightly brushing against me, almost like he can't stop himself. I groan out, cupping my stomach and moaning in pain. God somethings not right with me. My stomachs bloated and my body is extremely hot, to the point I have sweat pooling on my skin.

"Slater," I whine, my body curling over the bathroom sink, the glass of the mirror cutting my hands but the pain inside me hurts much more than a few cuts.

"Jackson," I've never heard him sound so worried, so fearful. He pulls me away from the sink, slipping his hands under me and carrying me to the bed. "Oh god, your scents too much, I can't focus," he whimpers again, his arousal spilling in the room and yet the last thing I feel right now is horny.

"Slater for fuck sake, pull yourself together," I hiss at him through the pain as he sets me down on the bed. He whimpers, kissing my mark and suddenly the pains dying away. "O-Ok, keep doing that," I whisper, feeling the knots in my stomach loosen, like his tentative touch on my mark is an aphrodisiac that turns pain to pleasure. It wasn't overbearing, not the way it feels when I'm turned on, it's like an active anaesthetic.

His hands are gentle on my stomach, his fingers circling patterns on me but all I can think about is the numbing of my pain and the lightness I feel in my head. Soon enough I'm dropping to sleep and my mind is filled with a dulling pleasure.

~

When I wake up, my body's on fire but thankfully the pain in my stomach has eased. I'm bloated, like extremely bloated. My six pack isn't even noticeable anymore. "Where are you?" I cast the question to Slater, regardless of the fact he can't cast his back, I can only read his mind when he's close enough to me.

The door creaks open and Slater steps through, keeping himself as far away from me as he can as his eyes go black the second he steps into the room. "What are you doing?" I groan out, frustrated by the fact he's acting so weird.

"You're in heat, if I start touching you I won't stop," he growls out, almost frustrated with himself, angered by the way he's acting.

"Slater what's happening to me," I whisper, my forehead dripping and my body itching to be touched and caressed. "For the love of god pull yourself together," I growl at him and he sends me a sympathetic look before stepping over to me.

"You're going to be furious with me..." he whispers down to me as he flutters his fingers over my swollen stomach. He crawls into the bed behind me to me, ignoring the fact that this apparent heat is going to make him horny, and pulls me to him, his obvious sexual desire pressing against me, yet I'm so frustrated I can't even bring myself to get turned on. "God your fucking scent Jackson," he groans as he pushes his face into my shoulder and drags me closer to him.

"Slater I don't care about my scent, what's wrong with me? What are you hiding?" I growl and he sighs against my skin, a hesitation about him and a tenderness to his touch.

"Just don't get angry because I don't know if I'm right," he mutters, cupping my firm and rounding stomach, letting the palm of his hand glide across it. "I think you're pregnant," his words were barely above a whisper, like saying them aloud made him crazy. As though uttering the words made it more of a reality instead of a thought in his head.

"Ok fuck off joking, just tell me," I hiss at him but I'm met with a painful silence. A silence that simmers in the air, sits louder than any sound ever could. It was deafening. "Slater what the fuck are you talking about, I'm a man, you can't get me pregnant," I laughed, like full on belly laughed. It was ridiculous, a big, strong Alpha like him and yet he's trying to convince me that, I, a man with a dick between his legs, is pregnant.