eighteen

The sun didn't come out the next day, it didn't matter to Soobin because he hadn't slept anyway. He hated himself for how he had acted towards Yeonjun the other day. He wanted to apologize but he didn't know how to even look him in the face again after that. Luckily it was storming badly outside so they had been instructed to stay in their cabins until they were sure that no one would get hurt. The clouds and trees were completely hiding the sun and the rain pounded on the roof so loudly it had woken up the entire cabin.

Taehyung walked into the cabin with Yeonjun. Both of them had worried looks on their faces. Yeonjuns changed to a look of pain when he saw Soobin though.

"We can't find Sunghoon," Soobin stood up, he hadn't even noticed the boy was missing. Jungkook groaned.

"He must be outside, God knows where," Soobin was already pulling his shoes on.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"I'm going to go look for him,"

"You can't, it's too dangerous-" but Soobin was already through the door. Running through the piercing rain. He liked the way it felt, the way it stung when it hit his skin. He yelled Sunghoon's name over and over again. Suddenly he felt his foot slide and land on nothingness. He had almost run off the cliff.

"Soobin!!" he felt someone pulling him back. He looked up to see Yeonjun, his wet hair hanging in front of his eyes and sticking to his forehead.

"We found Sunghoon," Soobin nodded, breathing heavily.

"What were you thinking you could have gotten hurt!"

"Did you fuck Yeji?!" yelling it through the rain the words felt so heavy. Yeonjuns face went blank.

"Is that why you're mad at me? Because you think i had sex with Yeji?" Soobin looked down at the mud puddle he was standing in. thunder boomed above them.

    "Soobin the whole reason I had to move with to the states was because i'm gay, i would never fuck Yeji," Yeonjun grabbed soobins waist pulling him into himself.

    "Next time someone tells you a lie like that, ask me about it before shutting me out," Soobin wasn't sure if the drops on his face were rain or tears,

    "I'm so so sorry Yeonjun,"

    "Don't be Soobin, I understand why you were upset," Soobin looked at Yeonjun with water eyes before pressing his lips to the olders. Lightning flashed and despite the storm around them, Soobin felt safe.

He felt like he was finally in the right place.

    The summer afternoon was warm and the soobin chuckled at the sweat stains forming on his boyfriends shirt.

    "Are you going to help me, Soobs?" Yeonjun asked as he loaded another bag on the bus.

    "I would rather watch honestly," Yeonjun rolled his eyes smiling at the other boy,

    "Can you believe the summer is over?"

    "It went by so quickly, even though I didn't like it at first. I think i'm going to miss it,"

"The only thing i'm going to miss is you," The two had agreed to try a long distance relationship. They wanted it to work, and once Soobin graduated he was planning on going to the states anyway. So they wouldn't be apart for too much longer.  Yeonjon sat down beside him, throwing one arm around his shoulder.

"You're pretty cool, you know that right," Yeonjun quipped, Soobin chuckled.

"Yeah i guess you're right,"

"I am always right," Soobin leaned into Yeonjun, closing his eyes. He wanted to sit in this moment forever. Just him and his favorite person, whatever was next, he knew they'd be able to get through it.

Because they'd get through it together.

AN: thank you everyone for reading, voting, and commenting on my story! i wasn't sure if i'd ever get to finish it but here we are. I hope you enjoyed it and i love you all so much <3333

New edit: hiii guys so this book kind of blew up (thanks so much to everyone for reading, voting, and commenting it makes me so happy :D. Soo I was wondering if you guys would prefer to see my next book be a continuation of this story or a completely new project? Leave a comment and let me know! Love you all <3