The horror of our love.

Start from the beginning

You two grew closer from then on. The Moon became more.. Affectionate. During story time he'd pull you into his lap, just listening on with the drowsy children as you read on and on.

Being in his lap made you remember how big he really was compared to your shorter self. It was almost.. Scary in a way.

But the Moon had never been short with you, he never gave you a reason to fear him.

It was nice to just sit in his lap, his legs crossed under you while you leaned against him. The music box in his chest playing a gentle tune while you hummed along with it.

"You and the daycare attendant seem a little.. Touchy feely lately, what else are you two doing behind the curtains, nap queen?"

You ignored the teasing comments from your coworkers. They always found a way to tease you.

You see, when the lights would come back on after nap time, it would be time for your break. Then you'd be going home shortly. You were kind to Sunny when you saw him.

Which once again wasn't often, he was sweet and as energetic as the sun should be. But, you'd seen how Moon would frown each time you reached over to turn the lights back on again.

You didn't know the Sun as personally as you did his lunar half. But, you were just as nice to him as you were to Moon.

The moon didn't like it.

"...I hate it that you leave when the lights come on.." He says, making you look up from the book in your hands.

"Moony, you know that the kids can't just sleep all day, its not good for them. Besides, you'll always see me tomorrow." You reply, gently stoking his hand with your thumb.

He hums in reply, seeming.. Unhappy with that answer.

"Starlight... Do I scare you?" He asks. The glow from his red eyes seeming to dimmer.

"No? Why do you ask?" You close the book and set it aside by the lamp that was currently shut off.

The only light came from his eyes, and a blue flower shaped night light across the room.

"...Just curious... I know your.. Coworkers may have... Told you things about me.." He trails off, resting his head on the backs of his hands.

You think. Yes, your coworkers have said things about your lunar companion. Rumors floating around, things about him hurting people. But, there was no evidence.

And, for as long as you've known him. Moon has never shown any signs of aggression. You knew that after hours he'd roam the Pizza Plex, he was made with security features.

"Yeah, but who cares what they say? You've been nothing but nice to me."

He chuckles at that. "..That's because, You're my favorite Starlight~" His tone ends with a purr, catching you off guard.

Your cheeks flush and you turn back to look over the kids once more. The Moon reaches over and tucks a strand of your hair behind your ear.

"...I do adore you Starlight. Such a pretty, pretty little thing." He whispers with a toothy smirk.

Since then, moon seemed to get more.. Clingy? He always wanted you to stay longer. You didn't mind it, but he grew more almost flirtatious.

It was embarrassing, especially with the many, many pet names for you. It was flattering really, since no one before had ever complimented you or even flirted with you before.

But, it was also.. Weird. You were beginning to feel like his feelings were beginning to turn into something else.

It started out as a harmless crush right? At least that's what you thought, until the Sun had tapped your shoulder.