twenty - three

2009
-----

"I wrote something for you." Drake told Aaliyah as they chilled in his hotel room.

They met almost 7 months ago at one of his concerts and since then they've been really good friends. Drake was a good person to confine in for Aaliyah, with her still dealing with her break up with her ex, she needed a distraction and Drake was good for that.

Most of their time together was spent with them going on two days trips, to places like Atlanta, Houston, Miami, and more, only enough time. before she had to go back to her dorm.

They had a good relationship in her eyes. "For me? Why?" she asked him, partially crawling onto his lap.

'Because I'm in love with you.' That is what he wanted to say but went against it.

Drake was in love with Aaliyah, he knew it but she was just oblivious to it. With all the things he had gotten her the bags, the clothes, the shoes, and that 1.5-carat ring that he had gotten her not too long ago, it was safe to say that he was all into it with her.

The only problem was that he had a woman at home and she was still stuck with her ex.

"Because I was in the studio and I was missing yo lil fine ass."

She blushed. "Not too much." she said to him. For some reason, Aaliyah always attracted men who were in the music industry.

First Chris and Now Drake?

"I wanna hear it tho..." She said she he nodded.

"I mean, I don't have it with me right now but I can tell you some of the lyrics." He suggested as she nodded.

Even though you're all alone
All alone when I am gone
I just wanna keep you warm
I'm coming back, I'm coming back

Yes, I'll be there, yeah-yeah
Yes, I'll be there

'Cause when I'm all alone
I think about your face
And how I wanna touch
I'm so far away (I'm so)
All I wanna do is
Give you all of me now

Are you ready? Are you ready? Yeah-yeah
Don't go missing, fly with me
Don't go missing, fly with me, fly with me
(Check it out, check it out)
Don't go missing, fly with me, fly with me

Oh, I'm aware that we just met
I don't wanna leave you yet
Promise that I won't forget
I'm coming back, I'm coming back

Yes, I'll be there, oh

------
Aaliyah Brielle Na'Jai Harper
21 years old.
Compton, CA
-----

 Compton, CA -----