𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆ᵇᵉᶠᵒʳᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵗᵃʳᵗ

ೃ⁀➷ DESOLATION

ೃ⁀➷ DESOLATION.

ೃ⁀➷ KIMETSU NO YAIBA × MALE!READER

ೃ⁀➷ STARTED; 23rd FEBRUARY 2022

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

WELCOME! thank you for clicking on this story hehe ♡♡ this is my first (?) non-draft story that i will hopefully (!) be able to finish.

a few things to note;
― hello! this is my first book so do go easy on me aha, i will make sure i do my best!!

― for now, most relationships will be platonic. (i know a lot of people will click away because of this so i thought i'd mention beforehand if you're not interested) but thank you for clicking anyway!

― as always, grammar errors will always be present but i will make sure to check everything before it is posted! but if you do spot any, always tell!

― anyone is welcomed to read this. whether you are a female, male/non-binary/transgender, you are always welcomed!

― updates are fairly slow. i tend to write for a long time and don't usually finish in one sitting so please bear with me!

lowercase!intended

that being said, welcome to DESOLATION.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

night has fallen.

the crimson moon rises to the highest of tall skies.

yet, the darkened forests of deepened hues fail to find tranquility in its everglowing light and grace.

pitch red fog engulfs the dark forest, masking one's naked eyes.

terror and trepidation engulfs the slayer's trembling form, nichirin blade in his hands threathens to drop and fall apart.

"c-come out, d-demon!" he manages to voice, as he quivers. he trembles on his feet, tears welling in his very eyes.

he reminds himself of his role― a demon slayer who will abolish the very existence of demons and a man who shall avenge the deaths of his family.

he must not be frightened by a mere demon. of course, this is just another one of the insignificant servants of kibutsuji, he thought. thus, it must be weak.

he raises his blade high, and calls once again for the demon to appear.

"come out, demon! quit being a coward!"

he holds in a breath as a shadow emerges from the depths of the forest. he watches its every move, waiting for its attack.

his eyes widens, as the frame of a tall man appears before him. twas its veiled figure bathed in velvet moonlight. its face masked in black cloth, and its gaze was on the ground.

a blade present in its hand, smeared with fresh blood. dressed in black, the man defined dark and dusk flawlessly within itself.

the slayer watches in horror as his own eyes met with ones of crimson hued. for a moment, it felt as if he was being stared to his own demise.

though in a state of panic, he manages to see the kanji written in the man's red eyes.
'' it says.

yet, those eyes looked dead. as if there were no life present in them.

the slayer launches at the anonymous figure, clashing his blade to decapitate its head. he knew everything― a demon's head is its weak spot.

his eyes widens as the figure disappears, and his blade falls to the ground, falling apart. his hands shake, questioning how it broke and feared the consequences.

before he could bend to pick it up, a slim and sharp object pierced through his lower abdomen.

he stayed there with his mind white and empty, before the impact of the merciless blow finally kicked in. he panics for a second as he feels the insidious burning, searing sensation embracing his entire body.

he looks down, and trembles as he sees a blade through his body. blood splurted onto his haori and the ground as the blade was pulled out.

his knees weakens as he drops to the ground, clutching onto his stomach. he cried aloud, the agonizing pain burning through his entire body.

during that moment, there was nothing he could comprehend other than pain. thoughts of slaying man-eating demons, avenging his family and making the world a happy place had disappeared.

'h-hurts...' he thinks, as the remaining strength in his body drains. he feels numb and his head spins before his mind became complety empty. his mouth falls slightly apart.

the anonymous man bores his gaze onto the slayer's fallen form. he stares for a moment before looking down on his blade.

"come out. you can eat him now." the man says, before demons came rushing to devour the slayer's rotting body.

squelching sounds of teared human flesh echoes within the forest, as the slayer's body was gobbled into nothing but waste.

the masked man in black slowly disappears out of sight, back into the darkness as the orange sun emerges from its rest.

"welcome back, m/n." the black haired woman greets with a smile on her face as she pulls the male into her embrace.

"yes, muzan-sama."