XVII

*I recommend you to be in the near proximity of a box of tissues*

-Y/N-

After the reunion of the families, a peaceful silence settled over everyone. I was still very drained from using my powers, so I sat next to Peter, both of us wrapped in a blanket.

Then suddenly came a bird, twittering and flying low. At first, I thought it was a normal bird, but on its leg there was something tied.

Susan reach forward to the bird gently, pulling out the paper. The bird flew away as soon as its burden was unloaded.

"What it is?" Lucy asked.

"It's a note from Aslan, he wishes us to meet him at the entrance of his country." Susan spoke.

"Asian's country!" Reepicheep piped up. "Oh, I must accompany you."

"Let's prepare a boat." Edmund suggested.

And so, a boat was prepared. We set off into the direction that the map supposedly told us was the "edge of the world".

At first, we thought we must be going in the wrong direction, but soon the water had white flowers floating on top.

"We must be close." I said. Peter reached below and took a flower. He then placed it behind my ear. I smiled, looking away. We were married yet every glance his way felt like the first time.

"So, what was it like when Aslan changed you back?" Lucy asked Eustace.

"No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't do it myself. Then he came towards me. It sort of hurt, but it was a good pain. You know, like when you pull a thorn from your foot. Being a dragon wasn't all bad. I mean, I think I was a better dragon than I was a boy, really. I'm so sorry for being such a sop." He looked down ashamed.

"It's okay, Eustace. You were a pretty good boy too." I smiled at him.

The boat came to a stop as it hit an island.... if you could call it that.

There was a vast stretch of land, going possibly hundreds of miles on both the right and left side. But looking forward, there was only a gigantic wave, blocking any view of the island ahead.

"My friends, we have arrived." Reepicheep said in awe.

"Welcome, children." Aslan stood before us. "You have done well. Very well indeed. You have come far, and now your journey is at its end."

Yes, it was. That meant Peter and I could return home and enjoy the rest of our year peacefully with each other.

"Is this your country?" Caspian asked.

"No, my country lies beyond."

"Is... my father in your country?" Caspian questioned, unsure.

"You can only find that out for yourself, my son. But you should know that if you continue... there is no return." Aslan warned.

Caspian stepped forward to the wave, but then retreated back.

"You're not going?" Peter asked.

"I can't imagine my father would be very proud that I gave up what he died for. I spent too long wanting what was taken from me... and not what was given. I was given a kingdom. A people. I promise to be a better king." Caspian explained.

"You already are." Peter put a hand on his back.

"Your Eminence... ever since I can remember, I have dreamt of seeing your country. I've had many great adventures in this world... but nothing has dampened that yearning. I know I am hardly worthy... but with your permission, I would lay down my sword... for the joy of seeing your country with my own eyes." Reepicheep bowed in front of Aslan.