XI

*Peter isn't in Dawn Treader, but for the sake of continuing the story, he will be part of that storyline*

-Y/N-

It didn't take long for a ship to be immediately prepared. Caspian wasted no time in getting everyone ready. He apologized for Peter and I's time together as husband and wife to be cut, but the fate of Narnia was on hand.

I hadn't even gotten the chance to open Peter's gift.

I barely had time to change clothes and board the ship. The rest of my amenities were packed by the servants in the palace. Now I stood in Caspian's office aboard the boat. All of us, Kings and Queens, huddled around the giant map table beneath us.

"The Giants of the North surrendered unconditionally..." Caspian muttered, pointing to the map. We were all trying to find out what was wrong in Narnia and what caused the green smoke.

"Then we defeated the Calormen armies at the Great Desert." Peter added.

"There should be peace across all of Narnia." Edmund pointed.

"So where are we sailing to?" I asked.

"Before I took back the throne from my uncle... he tried to kill my father's closest friends and most loyal supporters. The seven lords of Telmar. They fled to the Lone Islands. No one has heard from them since." Caspian explained.

"So, you think something has happened to them? And it's related to the green smoke?" I suggested.

"Well, if it has, it's my duty to find out." Caspian nodded.

"Well, what's east of the Lone Islands?" Lucy spoke up.

"Uncharted waters." A man came out from the darkness of the room. I hadn't noticed him before. "Things you can barely imagine. Tales of sea serpents and worse." He continued.

"Sea serpents?" Edmund raised an eyebrow. Although he had a playful smile on his face, I could read his eyes and he seemed a bit worried.

"All right, Captain...that's enough of your tall tales." Caspian laughed, clapping the captain on the back. "Right, that's the plan for now. I welcome you to go explore the ship." Caspian announced to all of us. That was our cue to walk out of the office. I followed Peter towards the top deck. We stood facing the waters. He put a comforting arm around me.

"I'm sorry I couldn't give you your gift." He mumbled.

"It's fine. The wait will make it all the sweeter when I get to open it." I answered. But a thought passed between us. I could feel the heavy silence it brought. What if this little adventure turned out to be more than "little". It could mean our time in Narnia would be over before we even got back to the palace.

But I pushed that thought out of my mind. It wasn't going to happen. I'd make sure of it.

Down below on the bottom deck, Reepicheep was singing to himself. "Where sky and water meet. Where the waves grow ever sweet. Doubt not, you Reepicheep. To find all that you seek. There is the Utter East. Doubt not..."

"What do you think is past the Lone Islands, Reep?" Lucy spoke up. I saw her join Reepicheep at the railing.

"Well, I've been told the furthest east one can sail is to the end of the world. Aslan's country." Reepicheep answered.

"Do you really believe there's such a place?" Lucy voiced my own question.

"Well, we have nothing, if not belief." Reepicheep shrugged.

"Do you think you could actually sail there?" I whispered to Peter who was also listening to their conversation.

"Well, there is only one way of finding that out." Peter looked out to the expanse of waters in front of us. Lucy looked around and noticed us standing above. She walked over and stood next to me.