XII

*So sorry for such a late update, finals week at school had me so busy*

-Peter Pevensie-

"It's hopeless." I peered out the tiny window in our cell. We had spent our time scouring every nook and crevice to get out. I had to get out. Y/N was in trouble. I had to get to her.

"You'll get out soon enough." A frail voice spoke up.

"Who's there?" Edmund said into the darkness. We hadn't checked in that corner, it was filled with cobwebs and clearly a dead end.

"Nobody. Just a voice...in my head." The voice responded. I hopped down from looking through the window.

"Lord Bern?" Caspian asked, walking closer to the voice. Edmund and I were behind him.

"Perhaps once, but I'm no longer deserving of that title." The voice, as I soon saw, was coming from an old man. His hair nothing but silvery wisps. His eyes old and sunken.

"Is he one of the seven?" I whispered to Caspian. Caspian assessed the man's face as closely as the man did his.

"Your face...You remind me of a king I once knew well." The old man recognized.

"That man was my father." Caspian nodded.

"Oh, my lord." The old man's eyes watered.

"Forgive me." The old man muttered, clasping on to Caspian's hands.

"No, please." Caspian shook his head.

"No!" A high-pitched screech filled the air. I ran to the window and looked out. "No!" The voice screamed. It came from a little girl and a man running after a wagon.

"Helaine!" The man reached out.

"Mummy!" The girl screamed.

But despite the girl and the man's protests, the wagon didn't stop and the woman kept being transported away along with a bunch of others.

"Where are they taking them?" I asked.

"Keep watching." The old man inside the cell said. The people were loaded off the wagons and placed in boats. The boats were pushed out into the water. At first nothing happened as the dingy thing bobbed up and down on the waves.

Then came the mist.

The emerald, green tendrils of it enveloped the boat. I could hear the people scream as the mist thickened. It enveloped the entire boat until it couldn't be seen. I knew what was going to happen next.

As the mist cleared, the boat vanished along with it.

Everyone was gone.

"It's a sacrifice." Lord Bern explained.

"Do you know where they went?" I asked.

"No one knows." He shook his head. "The mist was first seen in the east. Reports of travelers and sailors disappearing out at sea. We lords made a pact...to find the source of the mist and to destroy it." Lord Bern's eyes filled with defiance. But then his face dropped again. "You see, if they don't sell you to the slave traders...you're destined to be fed to the mist."

Panic filled my throat. "We have to find Y/N... and Lucy and Susan before it's too late." I stated.

-Y/N-

We were led out into a market and placed on some kind of a wooden stage. There was a small crowd consisting of men around the stage. I was in the middle with Lucy, Susan, and Eustace beside me. Lucy was first pushed forward.

Miracle {Peter X Reader}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें