"You look perfect amor" he said looking back up at me "thank you" "of course, send this to me" "okay" I said taking my phone back and doing just that "thank you. Also, I'm having Ricky and Gio take your brother on a job" "really. I thought he was only gonna work with you for a while" "yea but an opportunity came up that I think would be good for him to see" "it's not killing is it" "no Rickys just negotiating a price on a dealership" "what do you need a dealership for" "I don't but I need a good ratio of legitimate businesses to income" "oh okay" I said, smiling "what" "nothing, it just always impresses me how you think. It's very sexy" "I'm glad you think so love. Are you going back to work as soon as we get back" "yes we have a release gala two days after we get home so I'm gonna go in and finalize things" "how many of these can your company have" "well it's a line of surgical products for the hospital so quite a few" "okay. If it's two days from now, love I won't be able to make it" "it's okay. Is something going on" "something I need to do with my dad, if you want me there though I can cancel" "no don't worry about it, just be careful" "I will" he said smiling at me. This whole week he seemed so relaxed and happy, Manhattan is gonna suck.

///

Dixies pov
"How do you feel" I asked in front of the phone as he watched me fold clothes "good, and I'm not just saying that" "how hard did she say you can go" "like 75" "Damon" "and that's what I'll do. She said practice for a week and I can play next week" "I will be there if I can" "okay" "what's wrong" I asked "a little nervous. She said if I hurt this knee again I'm done" "okay then you'll wrap it and ice and rest it as much as you can. Don't go over board, you know your limits so don't push them. You're gonna be okay" "I'm sorry I've been such a dick to you and you're still being so supportive" "well I love you" "I love you too. If you do have some time around the game, come a day early. I would like to treat you to a real date babe, not one that's consists of you waiting at the gym for two hours" "okay then. Thank you" "you're welcome" he said before there was a knock on the door.

"Come in" I said and waited for the door to open "hey, Henry gave me this" Natalie said handing me the In and Out bag before I sat on the bed "he said he had to come see my dad" "yea they're talking now. Something about-" "I'm on the phone Nat" "my bad. How was class" "it was fine, yours" "eh. I've sunk to a new level Dixie" "what did you do" "went to Elliot's apartment" "Natalie" "I know but it's been so long, plus his friend isn't helping" "Elliot's" I asked "nope" she said gesturing to the phone.
"Babe, I'll call you back" I said grabbing the phone and hanging up.

"What's going on" I asked "well he followed me on Instagram and then DM'ed me about my story. The short video of myself yesterday" "I remember. What did he say" "gives me no hope for the male population" "come on tell me" I said laughing "that he was lucky I didn't want his girlfriend to get hurt" "oh my god. It's kind of hot though, you're having this unofficial affair" "of course it's hot. If his girlfriend gives me one reason to think their relationship is going south I'm done for" she groaned "so you like him" "I at least like the idea of him. Especially the way he looks at me, like just fuck me already. Anyways, we started having a regular conversation just about when I would come out there with you again and how his girlfriend asked about me last time" "she did. She seems very sweet and secure" "I said you said that. He said it's only because you being around doesn't jeopardize her chances of being with him and that she's not my biggest fan" "I guess she is best friends with Ella" I said shrugging as she laughed "exactly" "so what are you gonna do" "nothing for now. If he, as the taken one, decides he wants to flirt, who am I to stop him" "right".
"When do Isaac and Hailey get back" "they should be back in the morning I think" "did she send pictures of the house" "yea. Here" I said giving her my phone to look "it's so nice, what the fuck. Your brother actually has good taste" "that's what I said. She said we could use it when we wanted to" "really" "mhm" "great" she said.