Chapter Twenty-Four

Começar do início

    "Quantum Leap." Scott cut in. "Wrinkle in time, Somewhere in Time." Rhodes continued. "Hot Tub Time Machine." I shrugged. "Hot Tub Time Machine. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Basically, any movie that deals with time travel." Rhodes said.

    "Die Hard. No, that's not one." Scott said, shaking his head. "This is known." Rhodes said. "I don't know why everyone believes that, but that isn't true. Think about it. If you travel to the past, that past becomes your future, and your former present becomes the past...which can't now be changed by your new future." Bruce said. "Exactly." Nebula agreed.

    "So Back to the Future is a bunch of bullshit?" Scott asked. "You just confused the hell out of me and I'm just saying I'm not getting trapped in the past or...new future shit so I will not be traveling through time." I said, before walking out of the room before I lose any more of my brain cells.

***

    Once the time machine was finished we got ready to send Clint to the past. "All right, Clint. We're going in three, two, one." Bruce counted down. He then hit some buttons and Clint disappeared from the time machine.

    "Okay and bring him back in three, two, one." Bruce said as he pushed a lever. "Lila!" Clint yelled as he was brought back. We all ran up the ramp towards Clint who was hunched over on the ground.

    "Hey, hey, look at me. You okay?" Nat said, as she helped Clint stand up. "Yeah. Yeah." Clint panted. He then tapped Nat with a baseball glove. "It worked." He sighed. "It worked." He repeated throwing the glove at Tony.

***

    We were now gathered in the waiting room trying to figure out what times they will travel to in order to get the stones. "Okay, so the how works. Now, we got to figure out the when and the where. Almost everyone in this room has had an encounter with at ;east one of the six Infinity Stones." Steve said.

    "Or substitute the word 'encounter' for 'damn near been killed' by one of the six Infinity Stones." Tony piped in. "Well, I haven't...but I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about." Scott said. "That's why Steve said almost everyone." I smiled, patting Scott on the shoulder.

    "Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round-trip each. And these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history." Bruce said. "Our history." Tony corrected. "So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in, yeah?" Tony said.

    "Which means we have to pick our targets." Clint said. "Correct." Tony nodded. "So, let's start with the Aether. Thor, what do you know?" Steve asked. I turned around to face Thor who was sitting in the corner with sunglasses on and a beer in hand. "Is he asleep?" I asked. "No, no. I'm pretty sure he's dead." Rhodes said.

    Once we finally woke Thor up we pulled up a hologram of the Reality Stone. "Uh, where to start? Um..." Thor said, as he took his sunglasses off. "The Aether, firstly, is not a stone. Someone called it a stone before." Thor pointed at Steve, who gave a confused face.

    "Um, it's more of an angry sludge sort of thing...So someone's gonna need to amend that and stop saying that." Thor said as he put eye drops in his one real eye. "Here's an interesting story, though, about the Aether. My grandfather, many years ago, had to hide the stone from the Dark Elves. Ooh. Scary beings. So, Jane, actually" Thor said, as he touched the hologram and made a picture of Jane appear on the screen.

    "Oh, there she is. Yeah, so Jane was an old flame of mine. Uh, you know, she stuck her hand inside a rock this one time and then the Aether stuck itself inside her and she became very, very sick. And so I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from, and we had to try and fix her. We were dating at the time, you see, and I got to introduce her to my mother...who's dead and, um...oh, you know, Jane and I aren't even dating anymore, so..." Thor said, as he started to tear up.