Chapter Twenty-Four

Y/n's POV

Y/n's POV

    I was sitting and watching as Tony and Rocket worked on the time machine. Tony had to go grab something so I made a ball with my powers like I would do when I was locked up in Hydra. I was humming along to whatever song it was that Tony had playing over the speakers.

    I looked up and saw Thor walking towards me, Tony not far behind him. I had to do a double take when I saw Thor. He definitely didn't spend his five years taking care of himself. He had a beer in hand, his hair grew out, his beard was really long and um let's just say he had a six pack of donuts now.

    "You're drifting left. One side there, Lebowski." Tony said as he passed Thor. "Ratchet, how's it going?" Tony asked. "It's Rocket. Take it easy. You're only a genius on Earth, pal." Rocket said. The Thor Burped really loud. "Really dude? You're a god." I said, shaking my head.

    While they were working on the time machine, the others were working on the suit and helping Scott get ready to test the machine out for the first time. I got bored of watching Tony and Rocket argue so I went to check up on the others. "That's a nice time travel suit." I said, as I entered the room.

    "Hey, hey, hey! Easy! Easy!" Scot said as Bruce went to put the Pym Particles into the suit. "I'm being very careful." Bruce said. "No, you're being very Hulky." Scott said. "I'm being careful." Bruce argued. "These are Pym Particles, all right? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more." Scott said.

    "Scott, calm down." Rhodes said. "Sorry. We've got enough for one round-trip each. That's it. No do-overs. Plus two test runs." Scott said as he went to put the Pym Particles into the suit when he shrank and came back.

    "One test run." Scott said, as Rhodes scoffed. "All right. I'm not ready for this." Scott said. "I'm game." We heard someone say. I turned around and saw Clint leaning against the door frame. He's changed as well. He has a sleeve on his left arm (which is an arm covered in tattoos) and a mohawk.

    "I'll do it." Clint said. We gave Clint a suit and then Nebula programmed everything so we would be able to track him. "Clint, now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift. Don't worry about that." Bruce said.

    "Wait a second. Let me ask you something. If we can do this, you know...go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos? You know, and..." Rhodes then used his hands to wrap a rope around baby Thanos' neck and then pull till he's dead.

    "First of all, that's horrible." Bruce said. "It's Thanos." Rhodes said. "He makes a point." I shrugged. "And secondly, time doesn't work that way. Changing the past doesn't change the future." Bruce said. "Look, we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them...Thanos doesn't have the stones. Problem solved." Scott said. Rhodes then looked at Bruce and motioned to Scott.

    "Bingo." Clint said. "That's not how it works." Nebula spoke up. "Well, that's what I heard." Clint said. "Wait, but who? Who told you that Bruce asked, turning to face Clint. "Star Trek, Terminator, Timecop, Time After Time." Rhodes started to list off different movies.