Chapter Ten

Y/n's POV

Y/n's POV

"Where are we?" I asked, as the three of us walked towards someone's house. "A friend's." Steve answered. Steve knocked on the door and a few seconds later Sam opened the blinds. "Hey, man." he said, opening the door. "I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low." Steve said.

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us." I said. "Not everyone." Sam said, stepping to the side to let us in. The three of us then got cleaned up, and changed. "Hey. I made breakfast." Sam said, as I walked into the kitchen. "Good. I'm starving." I smiled. "Help yourself. I'm gonna go get the others." Sam said, walking to his bedroom where Steve and Natasha were talking.

We were all in the kitchen done with breakfast. "So, the question is, who at S.H.I.E.L.D. could launch a domestic missile strike?" Natasha asked. "Pierce." Steve and I said. "Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world." Nat said. "But he's not working alone. Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star." Steve said. "So was Jasper Sitwell." Nat said, crossing her arms.

"So, the real question is, how do the two most wanted people in Washington kidnap a S.H.I.E.L.D. officer in broad daylight?" I asked. "The answer is, you don't." Sam said, placing a file on the table in front of Steve.

"What's this?" Steve asked. "Call it a resume." Sam said. "Nat grabbed the photo on top as Steve and I stood up. "Is this Bakhmala? The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you?" She asked, looking up at Sam. "You didn't say he was a pararescue." Nat said, as I grabbed the photo from her.

"Is this Riley?" Steve and I asked, looking at the photo of Sam and another man. "Yeah." Sam nodded. "I heard they couldn't bring in the choppers because the RPGs. What did you use? A stealth chute?" Nat asked.

"No. These." Sam said, handing the file to Steve. "I thought you said you were a pilot." Steve stated, after looking at the file for a few seconds. "I never said pilot." Sam smirked. "I can't ask you to do this, Sam. you got out for a good reason." Steve said.

"Dude, Captain America needs my help. There's no better reason to get back in." Sam said. "Where can we get our hands on one of these things?" Steve asked, motioning to the file. "The last one is at Fort Meade. Behind three guarded gates and a 12-inch steel wall." Sam said. Steve looked over at me and Nat. We both shrugged our shoulders. "Shouldn't be a problem." Steve said, placing the file on the table.

***

Sam called Agent Sitwell While Steve, Natasha and I waited in front of a building. Once Sam and Sitwell made it to the building we took Sitwell to the roof, while Sam went to get whatever was in the file Steve looked at. "Tell me about Zola's algorithm." Steve, after he kicked Sitwell out of the door, and onto the roof.

"Never heard of it." Sitwell said, putting his glasses back on, since they fell off when he was kicked. "What were you doing on the Lemurian Star?" Steve asked, as we walked towards Sitwell, causing him to walk backwards.