Chapter Eighteen

Y/n's POV

Y/n's POV

    I was sitting at the table in one of the many shitty hotels we've been staying at for the past year and a half, when my phone rang. I didn't recognize the number so I ignored it. It started ringing again and I ignored it again thinking it was Stark trying to find us. But what made me pick it up the third time was that I got a text saying 'Hey it's Shuri.' right before that same number called me a third time.

    "Hello." I said, anxiously waiting for what she has to say. "Your white boy is awake. And in two days Ayo is going to get rid of the stuff Hydra put in his head." Shuri informed me. "That's awesome. I'll be on my way as soon as I let the others know." I said, hanging up.

    "Steve!" I said, running into the bathroom. "Woah, Y/n, knock." Steve said, quickly wrapping a towel around his waist. "Bucky's awake." I said. "What?" he asked. "Yeah, Shuri just called me. I'm heading over in a little bit. They figured out how to get rid of everything Hydra put in him." I rushed out. "Okay, well give him my best." Steve said. "Mhm." I nodded, as I ran off to my room to get my things.

    "Woah, where are you going?" Natasha asked, as I placed my two duffle bags on the couch, next to Sam. "Bucky's awake. I'm headed to Wakanda." I smiled. "Oh, that's great. Does that mean they figured it out?" Natasha asked. "Yep." I said. "Well, good luck. And remember to stay low profile." Natasha said, give me a hug. "What no hug for you?" I asked, looking down at Sam. He just shrugged. "Get your ass up and hug me good-bye, bird brains." I said, hitting his shoulder. "Ow, okay, okay." Sam said, standing up. "I'll miss your annoying personality." He said, as we pulled away. I rolled my eyes. "And I'll miss your...uh...oh, snarky remarks." I said, as I picked my bags up. "Bye, guys." I said, walking to the door. "Bye, Y/n." The three of them said.

***

    I was walking with T'Challa up to the medical room. "Shuri's in there with him now." T'Challa said, as he opened the door. "Bucky." I sighed, as I saw him sitting on the medical table. "Hey, Doll." He smiled, as I ran over to him and pulled him into a hug. He wrapped his one arm around my waist. "I. Missed. You." I said, punctuating each word with a kiss. "I missed you, too." He said, resting his forehead on mine.

    "This is Ayo. She will be performing the ritual to help get rid of everything in your head." Shuri said, as a woman of the Dora Milaje walked into the room. "Hello, Mr. Barnes. Miss Maximoff." Ayo nodded. "Hello." Bucky and I replied. "There's a place on a farm that the two of you can stay. Ayo will show you guys the way and then tomorrow at 12:00 A.M. sharp she will come get you both and take you to the mountains to perform the ritual.

***

    Ayo led us to a small hut on a farm of goats. "Aww." I said, when I saw five baby goats. "These goats are actually yours to take care of." Ayo said. "Really?" I smiled. "Really." Ayo returned the smile. "I'll let you two settle in." Ayo nodded as she walked away.

    "You sure you're ready to live with me?" Buck asked as we walked into the hut. "Definitely. I've been away from you for way too long." I said, wrapping my hands around his neck. "You got that right." Bucky said, kissing me passionately. The kiss quickly turned from loving and slow to needy and fast. Bucky pulled me closer, using his right arm. I walked backwards until my thighs hit the bed.

    I fell on my back, pulling Bucky with me. "Mmm, you sure about this?" Bucky asked, kissing down my neck. "Yes. Ruin me." I moaned, as Bucky sucked on my sweet spot. "With pleasure." He said, sliding his one hand under my shirt. "You'll have to help me here." He laughed, I helped him take my shirt off as I flipped us over. "Maybe I should be on top seeing as how, you have one arm." I smirked. "Good idea." He said, leaning up and kissing me again.

***

    "Fuck." Bucky and I moaned as we both came down from our high. I lean myself down slowly onto Bucky's chest. "I love you, so much." He said, kissing the top of my head. "I love you, too." I panted. I rolled off of Bucky and cuddled into his right side, wrapping his arms around my waist, his right arm wrapping around my back.

    "We should name the goats." I said, randomly, causing Bucky to laugh. "We just had amazing sex, might I add it was our first time together and the first thing you can say is 'we should name the goats.'?" He laughed. "Well, it was amazing." I said, kissing his abs. "But seriously, we should name the goats." I said, looking up at him. "Well, there's two girls and three boys. What are you thinking?" He asked, as he looked down at me.

    "Buttercup and Dixie for the females and maybe Ozzy, Gus, and Blaze for the males." I said. "Those are all nice names but can I name one of the males?" Bucky asked. "Depends...what are you thinking?" I asked, earning a smirk from Bucky "Captain Hoof." He answered. I stared at him for a second before bursting out in laughter.

    "Are-are you serious?" I asked through my laughter. "Yes. It'll be Buttercup, Dixie, Ozzy, Gus, and Captain Hoof." Bucky replied with a straight face. "Oh my god, you are serious." I said, calming my laughter. "Fine. one of them can be named Captain Hoof." I said, playfully rolling my eyes. "Yay." Bucky said, kissing my head.

***

    It was now 11:58 p.m. and Bucky and I were feeding the goats. "Are you ready for when Ayo comes to get us?" I asked, petting Dixie's head. "Yeah. I can't wait till this stuff is out of me." Bucky said, as Ozzy rubbed up against his lead. He kneeled down and started petting Ozzy. "Good because here she comes." I said, standing up straight.

    "Mr. Barnes, Miss Maximoff. Are you ready?" Ayo asked. "Yep." I nodded. "Great, follow me." She said, walking towards the mountains. As we got to flat land we saw a fire burning. Okay, Mr. Barnes. Can you kneel next to the fire for me?" Ayo asked. "Bucky nodded and he knelt down to his knees by the fire.

    "Miss Maximoff, you are welcome to kneel next to him if you'd like. I smiled and I knelt down on Bucky's right side, holding his hand. I gave it a recurring squeeze. Once Ayo finished the ritual she looked over at Bucky. "It is time." Ayo said. "You sure about this?" Bucky questioned.

    "I won't let you hurt anyone." Ayo said, before she started to say the words to turn Bucky into the Winter Soldier. "Longing Rusted Seventeen" "It's not gonna work." Bucky said, as he began to tear up. I squeezed his hand tighter to comfort him.

    "Daybreak Furnace Nine Benign Homecoming One Freight Car" Ayo finished. Bucky then let the tears fall. "You are free." Ayo said, as Bucky looked up at her. "You are free." She nodded. "You're free, baby." I said, cupping Bucky's face. I wiped his tears away, as I leaned in and pressed my lips on his. "I love you." He cried into my lips. "I love you too." I said, as he rested his head in the crook of my neck.

Word Count: 1310