Chapter Fifteen

Y/n's POV

Y/n's POV

As we entered the building, I watched as they unloaded Buck's pod from the truck. We walked towards Sharon and a man in his late thirties, early forties. "What's gonna happen to him?" I asked. "Same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition." The man said.

"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander." Sharon said. "What about a lawyer?" Steve asked. "Lawyer. That's funny. See their weapons are placed in lockup. And cuff the girl." Ross said. I gave a confused look, as one of the heavily armed men put a black cuff on my wrist. "That's so you don't use your magic." Ross explained.

"Really? She's just a kid." Steve said. "Last I checked she was 22. So no, not a kid." Ross said. Then the men walked passed with Steve shield, T'Challa's suit, and Sam's wings. "We'll write you a receipt." Ross said. "I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that." Sam said.

We started to walk off and I turned around to look at Bucky. We held eye contact as the guards shut the doors on him. I sighed, running to catch up with the others. "You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. Now, do me a favor, stay in it?" Ross asked, as we walked down a hallway, Natasha walking towards us.

"I don't intend on going anywhere." T'Challa said. "For the record, this is what making things worse looks like." Natasha said. "He's alive." Steve said. "And that's all that matters." I added. "No. Romania was not Accords-sanctioned. Colonel Rhodes is supervising cleanup." Tony said to the other person on the phone as we walked into a room. "Try not to break anything while we fix this." Natasha said.

"Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that, 'cause I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir." Tony said, hanging up. "'Consequences'?" Steve and I asked. "Secretary Ross wants you three prosecuted. Had to give him something." Tony said. "I'm not getting that shield back, am I?" Steve asked, as Tony turned to walk away.

"Technically, it's the government's property. Wings, too." Natasha said, following Tony. "That's cold." Sam said. "Warmer than jail." Tony said. "And what about me? Am I their property now?" I asked, pointing to my cuff. "Yes and no, you're not a U.S. citizen so it's just extra precaution." Natasha said, as she and Steve left the room. I scoffed, shaking my head.

***

Sam, Steve and I were in an office with glass walls. We were watching Bucky's interrogation, from a TV on the other side of the office walls, meaning we couldn't hear anything. A few minutes prior Steve got into a fight with Tony, about locking my sister up in the compound.

:The receipt for your gear." Sharon said, handing a piece of paper to Sam. He looked at it then glared at me. "'Bird costume'? Come on." He said. "I didn't write it." Sharon said. "No, Y/n probably did." Sam mumbled. "I heard that." I said. "Good." He glared, I lightly laughed shaking my head. Then Sharon pressed a button on the phone, causing Bucky's interrogation, with sound, to appear on the TV in the office.