She felt a presence infront of her and she looked up to see Beyoncé, her hand held out with a light smile on her face.

"Let's get back inside and take our showers okay? I have sand in places It shouldn't be." Beyoncé said chuckling a bit and Onikas eyes widened.

"You—you aren't mad at me?" Onika asked in awe and Beyoncés head cocked to the side.

"Why would I be? I'm not mad Oni. At all. Let's go alright?" Beyoncé said gesturing to the house and Onika quickly nodded taking her hand.

The two held hands as they walked back to the house and Onika felt better in an instant.

The two took their showers, Beyoncé went first and got changed in the bathroom and so did Onika.

She put her socks and slippers on as she stepped out the bathroom, holding her clothes and towel in her hand.

She was nervous—she didn't know if Beyoncé really wasn't mad at her or not. She sighed and decided to take a detour.

She saw the familiar light on, and gave a light knock as she nibbled on the inside of her cheek.

"Yes, child?" She heard as she peeked through the door and smiled at her father who was sitting in a rocking chair reading with his glasses on.

"You look..funny." Onika said strolling in and he looked up at her. "And you look nervous. What are you bothering me about now?" He asked with a smile and Onika playfully rolled her eyes.

"You're so mean." She said sitting on his bed and he chuckled deeply before shutting the book he was reading.

He eyed her as she sat nervously, he noticed she was fidgeting.

"What's wrong?" He asked, "You were so happy and cheery earlier." He stated and she looked down at her trembling hands.

"I-I'm confused about something." She admitted looking at him. He quirked an eyebrow, "And what may that be?" He asked and she sighed.

"What does—a like—crush feel like? I know I'm an adult and it sounds so kiddy to say but—I-I haven't felt one—in awhile.." She mumbled.

He sat back for a second, examining her. "What have your past crushes felt like? Safaree?" He asked.

"I-I mean Safaree was..definitely something. He was my first boyfriend. And first..relationship." She mumbled.

"What did you think about before the relationship ended? What did you feel like when you first saw him?" Robert asked.

"I thought—he was kind of cute. After he asked me out about 5 times. And then I finally agreed and—it wasn't so bad so I..."

"You settled." He stated and she sighed. She definitely did.

"He didn't even take out on any dates after our first. Which was at a Fridays—on a friday." She mumbled.

"Well scratch that, what do you usually feel?"

"Uh—I feel like—my hearts gonna beat out of my chest. And I feel compelled to—watch them walk away when they don't bother to look my way. I think my last long term crush was in highschool." She mumbled.

"But-that's not what this feels like. That felt kiddy and it lasted for a few weeks. This feels like.." Onika gulped.

"I'm not sure what it feels like." She admited. She couldn't put it in words how she felt.

"Take time to figure it out. Get some rest." He stated and he made it sound so simple, and Onika sighed and nodded.

"O-Okay..I love you dad." She said standing up and he watched his daughter reluctantly walk to the door.